Learning to help online

by Square1
Tags: learning
Share this thread:
Square1
Nov28-12, 06:49 PM
P: 115
It's harder than I thought ... haha

It's hard to gauge how much the person knows, what strategy works on them, how much extra info they wouldn't mind hearing and using.

Also hard to keep yourself from going in circles trying not to be redundant by explaining something in different ways.

Also have a greater appreciation now for providing more information in my own future questions to guide the responses better.

But it is an enriching experience! :)
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
phinds
Nov28-12, 07:22 PM
PF Gold
P: 6,353
Is there a question in there somewhere or did you just feel the need to get that off your chest?
Square1
Nov28-12, 07:36 PM
Absolutely zero questions in there. Just venting :)

edit..

forum feedback, as in how i have found my helping experience so far...

symbolipoint
Nov28-12, 10:32 PM
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 2,823
Learning to help online

The post is confusing.
  1. What are you trying to say? If you learned something about helping others, what is it that you learned?
  2. Maybe the post belongs in a different forum or board?
Square1
Nov29-12, 07:32 AM
I am so confusing...Good thing at least phinds was able to use his intuition. I'll be painfully explicit, structured and plain next time I would like to invite people to discussion.
symbolipoint
Nov30-12, 04:52 PM
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 2,823
Quote Quote by symbolipoint View Post
  1. What are you trying to say? If you learned something about helping others, what is it that you learned?

Square1 learned this:
have greater appreciation .. for providing more information in my own future questions
Square1
Dec1-12, 09:54 AM
Cute, symbol...

It was, (quite) blatantly said afterwards it was just a declarative statement. So since it wasn't a question, I don't know why (in fact, I am just so sooooo confused......) you are trying to cite what I said about asking questions, to a scenerio where I wan't asking questions.

Register to reply