Boost Your Sci-Fi Writing with Atomic Rockets, Forensics Demystified & More!"

In summary, the conversation suggests various resources for creating realistic science fiction content, including the Atomic Rockets website, Forensics Demystified, the Mohs Scale of Science Fiction Hardness, and the Kardashev Scale of Technological Advancement. Other resources mentioned include TV Tropes, Climatology for Worldbuilders, and a website for creating artificial languages. The conversation also suggests using the website military-sf.com for information on sci-fi combat and using a currency converter for fictional money. Additionally, there are resources for creating names for sci-fi characters and tips from author Stephen King on writing. Finally, the conversation mentions GURPS Space as a resource for creating realistic sci-fi settings, as well as speculative biology resources such as the
onomatomanic
Dare I suggest another sticky? (Apparently so.)

Unsure about whether or not to include more general links, like Wikipedia - I'm leaning towards "not", because those tend to do more harm in cluttering up such a listing than they help those unfortunate few who aren't already aware of them.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Climatology for Worldbuilders

I've only had a glance so far, but the material seems to be extremely thorough.

Here is a good link that talks about sci-fi combat: military-sf.com

Resources:
1) GURPS Space - yes, an RPG material, however allows to create a realistic SF settings very quickly. Source of reasonable ideas and simplified formulas for calculations.

2) Speculative biology:
2.1) Nice, recently restarted blog concerning speculative biology:
http://planetfuraha.blogspot.com/

2.2) Wikipedia concerning speculative biology:
http://speculativeevolution.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

2.3) Movies, accessible online:
-"The Future is Wild" (whole series)
-"Extraterrestrial: Aurelia"; "Extraterrestrials: Blue Moon" (those are even on youtube)