Register to reply

How do you think of Villanova Univ?

by victorconan
Tags: villanova
Share this thread:
victorconan
Dec22-12, 02:49 AM
P: 10
Hi, everyone. I am applying to pursue a Ph.D in mechanical engineering.
I have known that some professors at Villanova University are recruiting new Ph. D candidates next year. But I could not find the ranking of this university at US News. How do you think of this university? Is it strong in mechanical engineering?
I am interested in work of the professors, but I am concerned about whether I could find a good job after I graduate from this university.
Can anyone give me some suggestions?
Thanks!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
gravenewworld
Dec22-12, 06:46 PM
P: 1,408
Depends on YOU, what you do with your degree. That school is my alma mater, and I know tons of engineering grads from that school. They all seem to have had steady employment since. Several have gone to work for SUNOCO, and make close to 6 figures or more with just their bachelor's degrees in ME.

You don't find a rankings because 'Nova hasn't had PhD programs in a long time since they mostly focused on undergraduate education (not a research institution) and master's degrees. It sounds like they've opened up to PhD programs now, so it is probably a new program, hence not being ranked.
victorconan
Dec22-12, 06:59 PM
P: 10
Quote Quote by gravenewworld View Post
Depends on YOU, what you do with your degree. That school is my alma mater, and I know tons of engineering grads from that school. They all seem to have had steady employment since. Several have gone to work for SUNOCO, and make close to 6 figures or more with just their bachelor's degrees in ME.

You don't find a rankings because 'Nova hasn't had PhD programs in a long time since they mostly focused on undergraduate education (not a research institution) and master's degrees. It sounds like they've opened up to PhD programs now, so it is probably a new program, hence not being ranked.
Thanks! I love Philadelphia, so I hope to get my graduate eduation in Penn state. I think Villanova is a nice choice since it has available Ph.D positions in this field I am interested in.

Register to reply