I am new, and would like some tips

• Thread starter SlayerMonkey
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tips
In summary, a 12-year-old beginner engineer is seeking tips on physically building circuits and has been directed to a forum thread with helpful links and suggestions. They also mention their interest in a video game called "The Elder Scrolls". Another user comments on their lack of experience and encourages them to have fun exploring new things.
SlayerMonkey
Hi! I am new here, and also a beginner engineer. I am just 12 yrs. old. If anyone has some tips for me, that would be great! I already know about ohms and that type of stuff, so things about physically building circuts is nice. Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF!

Here is a nearby thread in the EE forum with some tips, and check out Jim's links in his posts #2 and #5. Building a few of those intro kits is a great way to learn. Especially if you build kits that you can use for practical things (like FM radio, power supplies, etc.) :smile:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=660757

Thanks! that helped out alot! Now time to register on the unofficial elder-scrolls pages...

elder scrolls?

what's that?

Hey, i will have you know that it is a very creative and fun game!

okay, sounds great. I mis-splled it on first search and didnt know what it is.

You see, i never went beyond Pac-Man
so kindly excuse my inexperience !

Have fun-

old jim

1. How can I get started in my field as a new scientist?

As a new scientist, it's important to start by building a strong foundation of knowledge in your field. This can be achieved by reading scientific literature, attending conferences and seminars, and networking with other scientists. Additionally, gaining hands-on experience through internships or research opportunities can greatly enhance your understanding of your field.

2. How can I effectively communicate my research to others?

Communicating your research is a crucial aspect of being a scientist. To effectively communicate, it's important to clearly define your research question, use simple and concise language, and provide visual aids such as graphs or diagrams to help explain your findings. Practice presenting your research to different audiences and seek feedback to improve your communication skills.

3. How can I stay current with advancements in my field?

Staying current with advancements in your field is essential for any scientist. One way to do this is by regularly reading scientific journals and attending conferences and seminars. You can also follow influential scientists and organizations on social media and subscribe to email newsletters to stay updated on the latest research and developments.

4. How can I balance my research with other aspects of my life?

Balancing research with other aspects of life can be challenging, but it's important for overall well-being. Set realistic goals and prioritize tasks to effectively manage your time. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help or delegate tasks when needed. It's important to take breaks and engage in activities outside of research to avoid burnout.

5. How can I navigate the competitive nature of the scientific field?

The scientific field can be highly competitive, but it's important to remember that collaboration and teamwork are key components of successful research. Network with other scientists and seek out opportunities for collaboration. It's also important to focus on your own unique contributions and not compare yourself to others. Stay motivated and persistent in your research, and success will follow.