Register to reply

Myers-Brigg personality test and Holland Strong Inventory

Share this thread:
punter
Dec29-12, 09:05 AM
P: 4
Holland strong inventory test and the Myers Brigg Personality test. Has anyone on this forum taken these career assessment tests? Thoughts and opinions? Are there any professional career counsellors on this forum and, if so, what do you think of these tests?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Fungus deadly to AIDS patients found to grow on trees
Canola genome sequence reveals evolutionary 'love triangle'
Scientists uncover clues to role of magnetism in iron-based superconductors
mdxyz
Dec29-12, 10:43 AM
P: 51
Yes. You can take them on the internet. It's largely nonsense and you don't know what an employer considers a "good" result so they are hard to game. Consider it as a dice roll if you have to take one as part of a recruitment process, and avoid overly sociopathic answers.
JakeBrodskyPE
Dec31-12, 06:56 AM
P: 504
If you take these tests honestly, and in private, they can tell you a lot about yourself. However, these tests are very easy to mess with to make it look like someone you are not. Once you realize what they measure and how they measure it, it is very easy give the "right" answers for someone who is looking for that special INTJ or whatever they're seeking.

Also note that on some days you may find that your personality swings one way, and on other days your personality may swing another. It is but one very precursory self evaluation tool. I would not assign much significance to such tests. It is about as useful as the SAT is to showing how well you will do in college (and the answer to that question is that it is damned near worthless).

Stommel
Dec31-12, 07:43 AM
P: 4
Myers-Brigg personality test and Holland Strong Inventory

You can take the Keys to Cognition Test for your MBTI anf cognitive functions report. I think it does help but it's not good to go to labels...

I mostly get INTJ, sometimes ISTJ. Normally the NT types are good for physics and so on.

Register to reply