Register to reply

Electromagnetic levitation Relations

Share this thread:
wubbzee
Jan3-13, 12:26 PM
P: 7
Hello everyone i bought a kit for my senior project on electromagnetic levitation. It uses an electromagnet to suspend a magnet via force of attraction. It is stable because of two hall effect sensors and voltage regulator. The kit can make the magnet move in a sinusoidal and tangential motion

If i want to study this and get a relation linearly what can i do? Whats something i can do with this kit to take measurements and process data?

I've thought maybe if i change the weight of the object suspended the gap between the electromagnet and the object itself would change? But maybe thats not true because the hall effect sensor would keep it in equilibrium?

Anyways this is NOT an ad but i bought the kit from here if you need more information zeltom.com

and i can basically study an aspect of this the strength of the magnetic felid, the gap of levitation, the current supply change... anything i just need your help!
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists unlock nature of high-temperature superconductivity
Serial time-encoded amplified microscopy for ultrafast imaging based on multi-wavelength laser
Measuring the smallest magnets: Physicists measured magnetic interactions between single electrons
jedishrfu
Jan3-13, 12:41 PM
P: 2,785
Perhaps you could measure the current used by the circuit as you use different weighted magnets or change other conditions with the pushbutton controls.
wubbzee
Jan3-13, 12:58 PM
Quote Quote by jedishrfu View Post
Perhaps you could measure the current used by the circuit as you use different weighted magnets or change other conditions with the pushbutton controls.
yeah i think hooking up an ammeter is my best bet thanks for that! Would you have any idea what equations i would use?
I have general magnetic field strength and electromagnet equations... if you have anything else that'd also be appreciated.

DynastyV
Jan3-13, 04:51 PM
P: 10
Electromagnetic levitation Relations

Can you give a link to the kit?
wubbzee
Jan3-13, 11:34 PM
Quote Quote by DynastyV View Post
Can you give a link to the kit?
http://www.zeltom.com/products/magneticlevitation

theres a components and downloads page (which includes circuit and theory information)

Register to reply