Register to reply

Another reu personal statement thread

by Takuza
Tags: personal, statement
Share this thread:
Takuza
Jan3-13, 03:50 PM
P: 40
I don't think anyone really likes these threads, but I could use some assistance. Could anyone offer me some criticism on my statement of purpose below, for an REU? This one is really an amalgamation of a couple of ones that I wrote for specifically for different programs, which all more of less asked me to briefly explain why I was interested in research and the fields I was interested in, as well as describing past experiences. In this way instead of posting 6 different ones, I will just absorb what I learn from this one. I am particularly concerned with the opening

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...7qQ20Xox4/edit

any suggestions/criticisms would be appreciated, thanks. Also let me know if you cannot access the doc
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
Takuza
Jan5-13, 12:32 PM
P: 40
Gonna go ahead and violate the rules with this one time bump.
micromass
Jan5-13, 12:37 PM
Mentor
P: 18,327
Quote Quote by Takuza View Post
Gonna go ahead and violate the rules with this one time bump.
Don't worry, bumping once is not against the rules

FalconOne
Jan7-13, 06:16 PM
P: 38
Another reu personal statement thread

I would totally be down to proofreading this, but I'm one of the cool kids that only has Hotmail and has no intention of getting a Google Docs account until I absolutely have to. Please feel free to PM the document to me.
phinds
Jan7-13, 06:22 PM
PF Gold
P: 6,340
Quote Quote by micromass View Post
Don't worry, bumping once is not against the rules
He was probably thinking of the 24-hour rule:

Do not "bump" one of your threads to the top of a forum's thread list by posting a basically empty message to it, until at least 24 hours have passed since the latest post in the thread; and then do it only once per thread.

But I congratulate him on KNOWING the rules
FalconOne
Jan9-13, 12:15 AM
P: 38
I responded to your message.

Anyone who was wondering - the Google doc has been taken down.

Register to reply