Register to reply

Why does a stream change trajectory?

by Bboy Physics
Tags: stream, trajectory
Share this thread:
Bboy Physics
Jan3-13, 08:49 PM
P: 9
Okay bear with me here because this might get disgusting. But I was watching Henry's video on how astronauts went to the bathroom in space, and basically they did it in a bag, and shot the bag outside into outerspace. And then he mentioned that the trajectory would change(but extremely small yet significant enough to tell Hudson Control when you're flying to the moon). I realize that streams change trajectory(comedy in firing an extremely high powered hose), but what is this force called?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Researchers demonstrate ultra low-field nuclear magnetic resonance using Earth's magnetic field
Bubbling down: Discovery suggests surprising uses for common bubbles
New non-metallic metamaterial enables team to 'compress' and contain light
fzero
Jan4-13, 03:03 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 2,603
You could call it the reaction (force). It is a consequence of Newton's third law, or, in a more modern perspective, of conservation of momentum.

Register to reply