Find the Best SAT Book to Score Above 750

• Thread starter Stressed out
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Sat
In summary, a good book to score above 750 on the SAT II Physics exam is Barron's Book but if you have time to prepare (1/2 years), Morrision Boyd's Organic Chemistry is a better choice.
Stressed out
Hello,
Can anyone please help me with this?
I gave my SAT II Physics and got 670. But I am not satisfied with this score so I am going to repeat this exam in may. The problem is tht I am doing self study, and i studied from Barron's book...but the topics are difficult to understand. Some topics are new to me. I am also doing A level course and its Curriculum is different from SAT. So please ppl , can anyone of u recommend a good SAT book/books to score above 750?
Thnx

Physics news on Phys.org
Barron's Book has higher difficulty level use Princeton Review as a Review Book. As a textbook use Schaum's outline of Physics and 3000 Problems in Physics, its sufficient to Score 750.

Also Online Sample Tests are available, take them.

Thanks so much... And one more question please if u don't mind.. Can u also recommend some good books for Math level 2 and chemistry? Thanx

All is same if you have a lot time (1/2 years) then Refer to the Thick Introductory College level texts as Morrision Boyd Organic Chemistry but if you want it rapidly then consult,

Schaum's outlines or ___ for Dummies or An Idiots Guide to ___.

have a look on Math Level 2 syllabus and search book on Google. As I Know Schaums outline of Algebra is available google for others dummies or idiots...

I second Newton's recommendation for the Princeton review over Barron's but perhaps for different reasons. The Barron's book is horrible (absolutely horrible) to use for the SAT 2 in physics because it gives you a ton of rote calculation problems and there are zero calculation problems in the actual exam. The actual exam consists of mostly conceptual problems with little to no calculation so please don't use Barron's; I don't think they even knew what exam they made it for. I took the Sat 2 physics 2 years ago (junior year of HS) but I highly doubt the test has changed much. As for Math Level 2 now that is a test for which I would recommend Barron's but don't fear much about this exam. If you've taken pre - calc or something equivalent in school this test will be an absolute breeze; it's just a plug into your calculator and get an answer exam (unlike the physics). The curve on the physics sat 2 is very generous (if I recall correctly I got 4 questions wrong when I took it as mentioned and still got an 800) so if you are pressed for time on the exam and have not finished everything try to take that into account.

Thank you Newtons.. Ill take ur advices...and hope so i get a good score...Ill let u know :)

Yep good luck mate! Hope you do well (and you will =D) - keep practicing.

1. What are the top SAT books recommended for scoring above 750?

Some of the best SAT books for scoring above 750 are The Official SAT Study Guide by College Board, The Princeton Review's Cracking the SAT Premium Edition, and Barron's SAT, 29th Edition. These books are known for their comprehensive content and practice tests that closely resemble the actual SAT.

2. Are there any specific strategies or tips for using SAT books to achieve a score above 750?

Yes, some helpful strategies include setting a study schedule and sticking to it, focusing on weak areas, using multiple resources, and taking practice tests under timed conditions. It is also important to thoroughly review and understand the explanations for incorrect answers.

3. Is it necessary to purchase multiple SAT books to score above 750?

It is not necessary to purchase multiple SAT books, but it can be beneficial to use a variety of resources. This can include a combination of books, online resources, and private tutoring. The key is to find what works best for your individual learning style.

4. Are there any free SAT resources available to help achieve a score above 750?

Yes, there are many free SAT resources available, such as Khan Academy, which offers personalized study plans and practice questions. College Board also offers free practice tests and questions on their website. It is important to utilize these resources in addition to SAT books to maximize study efforts.

5. How long should I study with SAT books to achieve a score above 750?

The amount of time needed to study with SAT books varies for each individual. It is recommended to start studying at least 2-3 months prior to the test date and to dedicate a few hours each week to studying. It is also important to take breaks and not overwork yourself, as burnout can negatively affect your performance on the SAT.