AlephZero
Jan28-13, 08:04 PM
Engineering
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 6,388
Quote Quote by Studiot View Post
You said you could do IE8 OK. But on my bog standard Dell Office setup at 1024/768 resolution the headers jumble over as shown at 100% zoom.
Greg said "emulate" IP8 OK, not "do". Maybe there's a bug in the emulator that makes it better than the original.

Joking apart: I get the same as Stdiot with the same system specs (IE8, Win XP SP3 + all MS security patches installed, 1024x768 display) but different physical hardware - so it's not a Dell-specific problem.
Greg Bernhardt
Jan28-13, 08:11 PM
Admin
P: 8,542
Quote Quote by AlephZero View Post
Greg said "emulate" IP8 OK, not "do". Maybe there's a bug in the emulator that makes it better than the original.

Joking apart: I get the same as Stdiot with the same system specs (IE8, Win XP SP3 + all MS security patches installed, 1024x768 display) but different physical hardware - so it's not a Dell-specific problem.
Yeah because of differences in OS and updates, I can't truly emulate what your environment is. Keep the updates coming.
Greg Bernhardt
Jan28-13, 10:34 PM
Admin
I've put the breadcrumbs back under the nav. For many threads it was just too big to fit in that space. Hopefully that helps those who were having troubles.
drizzle
Jan28-13, 11:19 PM
PF Gold
P: 521
And I was thinking I need to get some sleep. :p

If you would lift the quick links up a bit it'll be perfect--they're positioned on the seperation line, I assume they should be in the light gray space, if so, don't bother this post.

Edit: It's because of the zooming.. That's weird, I remember changing the focus sometimes without this change in positions and overlaping.
berkeman
Jan28-13, 11:44 PM
Mentor
P: 39,723
At home with Vista SP2 and IE9, my laptop has no problems right now. That matches my work PC that had issues earlier. Did you fix it?
Greg Bernhardt
Jan28-13, 11:45 PM
Admin
Quote Quote by berkeman View Post
At home with Vista SP2 and IE9, my laptop has no problems right now. That matches my work PC that had issues earlier. Did you fix it?
I don't know, you tell me :) I put the breadcrumb nav back where it was. I think that was the problem.
berkeman
Jan28-13, 11:49 PM
Mentor
P: 39,723
Good from home; will check from work in the morning. Thanks Greg.
Evo
Jan28-13, 11:58 PM
Mentor
P: 25,967
On the homepage, the "stay connected' box is at the top, can you move that to the bottom and move the Scientific American links back to the top? It makes more sense as I would want to view the article links daily, but not options.
Greg Bernhardt
Jan29-13, 12:06 AM
Admin
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
On the homepage, the "stay connected' box is at the top, can you move that to the bottom and move the Scientific American links back to the top? It makes more sense as I would want to view the article links daily, but not options.
So you read the articles? I moved it to help boost social media numbers. I could move active users down?
Evo
Jan29-13, 12:24 AM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Greg Bernhardt View Post
So you read the articles? I moved it to help boost social media numbers. I could move active users down?
Lol, yes, I sometimes read the articles. Nah, if you're trying to drive traffic, leave it. I can find the articles.
Studiot
Jan29-13, 01:56 AM
P: 5,462
PF now look normal again.

Thanks.
cepheid
Jan29-13, 11:12 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 5,198
Hello Greg,

I find that if the window width is made too narrow, the login info appears superimposed on the site logo, as shown in the attached screenshot. This is in Chromium Version 20.0.1132.47 on Ubuntu 12.04. I'm not sure if there is any way around this problem though.
Attached Thumbnails
pf_header.png  
Jimmy
Jan29-13, 11:24 AM
P: 633
Quote Quote by cepheid View Post
I find that if the window width is made too narrow, the login info appears superimposed on the site logo, as shown in the attached screenshot. This is in Chromium Version 20.0.1132.47 on Ubuntu 12.04. I'm not sure if there is any way around this problem though.
Positioning the logo on the left side would help. I did that myself with a user stylesheet.

edit:
If you can find the custom.css file for chromium, try placing the following CSS in it:
div[style="float:right; width:54%;"] { float: left !important; }
/home/username/.config/chromium/Default/User StyleSheets/Custom.css
Greg Bernhardt
Jan29-13, 11:53 AM
Admin
Quote Quote by cepheid View Post
Hello Greg,

Don't view on a tiny screen :D
Monique
Jan29-13, 02:17 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,622
I don't get it, it just looks messy.
Crake2
Jan29-13, 03:13 PM
P: 7
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
THIS! Also, when one minimizes one of those boxes, shouldn't it stay minimized when refreshed? Well, it doesn't. (I already created a topic about that, but no answers so far)
Evo
Jan29-13, 03:31 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by x2791258 View Post
THIS! Also, when one minimizes one of those boxes, shouldn't it stay minimized when refreshed? Well, it doesn't. (I already created a topic about that, but no answers so far)
Yeah, I noticed that too.
WannabeNewton
Jan29-13, 03:57 PM
C. Spirit
Sci Advisor
Thanks
P: 4,941
For some reason everything looks bigger...is this normal?

Register to reply