Advice on approcah for humidity conversions in c#

by a_programmer
Tags: advice, approcah, conversions, humidity
a_programmer
Jan9-13, 11:15 AM
P: 2
Hello all,

First off, I would just like to say hello, as I am a new member :)

I was hoping for some advice on implementing humidity conversions in code.
I have spent about 4-5 days trawling the internet for helpful psychometric functions to help convert relative humidity to absolute humidity and back.

Despite numerous attempts, I have failed in implementing anything that will output anything but garbage values. While I may appreciate some of you are thinking that this is a programming problem, i assure you it isn't.

The only variables I have to play around with are the dry bulb temperature of the air, the altitude, the pressure at that altitude and the absolute humidity for the relative humidity calculation ( and vice versa ). I do not have the dew point.

At this juncture, I would be happy to use something like the Sonntag or Magnus formula.
As a software engineer, this is very much out of my league. Thus, if anyone could give some advice on appropriate approaches, I would be most appreciative.

Best,

A Programmer
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Lifting the brakes on fuel efficiency
PsiKick's batteryless sensors poised for coming 'Internet of things'
Researcher launches successful tech start-up to help the blind
Graniar
Feb4-13, 05:53 PM
P: 71
Hello, collegue :)

//Saturated vapor pressure knowledge (by Sonntag or Magnus formula) is quite enough.

double RelativeHumidity(double AbsoluteHumidity, double Temperature)
{
return AbsoluteHumidity / SaturatedVaporPressure(Temperature);
}
a_programmer
Feb5-13, 04:35 AM
P: 2
Hi Graniar,

Thanks very much for the help. I got it cracked in the end; i used the exact same formula you quoted to get AH, and i just did a recursive search with an increasingly narrow search to provide a decently accurate estimation for the RH.

Thanks again,

A_Programmer

Register to reply