Albertros culture

by Tim Benach
Tags: albertros, culture
Tim Benach
Apr10-06, 01:39 AM
P: 2
Why do people not use language to communicate in Albertros culture ? How far do you think such a culture reaches before transforming into another cultural form ?

Thanks
Tim Benach
Phys.Org News Partner Social sciences news on Phys.org
Study finds law dramatically curbing need for speed
Newlyweds, be careful what you wish for
Can new understanding avert tragedy?
Tim Benach
Apr10-06, 01:45 AM
P: 2
By the way, is there any remark about such a culture in current social trend you would like to include, especially the society you are living in ?
One of modern culture I would like to remind you of is the internet culture I so-name myself in which I personally think you can find more freedom to have your own opinions around here and there, whenever and whatever.

Tim Benach
HallsofIvy
Apr10-06, 10:54 AM
Math
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
Thanks
PF Gold
P: 38,890
Quote Quote by Tim Benach
Why do people not use language to communicate in Albertros culture ? How far do you think such a culture reaches before transforming into another cultural form ?

Thanks
Tim Benach
I would help if you would give some information on "Albertros culture". I was unable to find anything on that on google.

0TheSwerve0
Apr11-06, 06:59 PM
P: 405

Albertros culture

Couldn't find it in HRAF. Maybe it was misspelled, or reference to a fictional culture?
Tojen
Apr12-06, 02:49 AM
P: 107
Albertros...Albertors...Albators...Albatros.......Albatross!

"The Albatross Culture" is a role-playing game to demonstrate to students the complexity of culture...

http://www.salto-youth.net/static/do...4/albatros.pdf
TheStatutoryApe
Apr12-06, 04:27 PM
P: 1,549
Quote Quote by Tim Benach

Thanks
Tim Benach
Now that I have read what you are refering to I think that what a person is exposed to of the 'Albatros Culture' is specifically made to be simplistic to throw off the perceptions of the participants. From what I read there really isn't any reason to believe that the 'Albatros' don't use language and really even just the three simple expressions used in the excersize are a sort of language. I think that the limitation of the language is only supposed represent a lack of common language and an ability to communicate and understand what is occuring.

Did you actually participate in this excersize? What were your impressions?

Register to reply