Did hitler personally kill anyone?

by Smurf
Tags: hitler, kill, personally
Smurf
Nov26-05, 03:25 PM
P: 2,891
As far as I'm aware the thing Hitler personally and directly killed was his dogs whom he poisoned. Everyone else was killed by his Waffen SS or soldiers. Does anyone know any time he actually directly murdered anyone?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
When identity marketing backfires: Consumers don't like to be told what they like
Charitable donation discrepancies: Why are some countries more generous than others?
Online reviews: When do negative opinions boost sales?
russ_watters
Nov26-05, 03:51 PM
Mentor
P: 21,994
I'm not sure, but I tend to doubt that he did. Guys like him don't need to do the messy work for themselves.
selfAdjoint
Nov26-05, 04:45 PM
Emeritus
PF Gold
P: 8,147
Does anyone know if he killed anybody as a soldier in WWI?

Pengwuino
Nov26-05, 06:30 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,125

Did hitler personally kill anyone?

Well, a quick look in wiki says he was a messenger so he probably didn't kill anyone in WW1
Smurf
Nov26-05, 08:19 PM
but he did get a few medals in WW1 and he was wounded 3 times, so he did see action.
Pengwuino
Nov26-05, 08:33 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Smurf
but he did get a few medals in WW1 and he was wounded 3 times, so he did see action.
Says he took some rather dangerous missions...
Smurf
Nov26-05, 10:04 PM
did he kill anyone on those missions?
chound
Nov27-05, 08:34 AM
P: 239
Is there any good character about Hitler.
I'm really impressed by his ability to inspire so many people to kill Jews.
His mustach(wot's the correct spelling) and haircut is really cool!!!!!
selfAdjoint
Nov27-05, 11:49 AM
Emeritus
PF Gold
P: 8,147
Quote Quote by chound
Is there any good character about Hitler.
I'm really impressed by his ability to inspire so many people to kill Jews.
His mustach(wot's the correct spelling) and haircut is really cool!!!!!
I just can't understand this attitude, that you can abstract "cool" elements for current use from the image of one of the most horrible persons in history. Similarly you see images of Che and Mao used for purely decorative purposes. What message does this send to future generations?
Pengwuino
Nov27-05, 04:23 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by selfAdjoint
I just can't understand this attitude, that you can abstract "cool" elements for current use from the image of one of the most horrible persons in history. Similarly you see images of Che and Mao used for purely decorative purposes. What message does this send to future generations?
Might as well throw in the swastika for that matter. Maybe .1% of the kids who wear things like that even know of its pre-Nazi meaning... which leaves the rest of these idiots walking around with a symbol of one of the worst displays of genocide in modern times. I also have a problem with its use for political protests. I've heard quite a few WW2 over the years say its use in the US for political protests are disrespectful to outright disgusting. They say nothing in the United State's recent history, no act of congress, ideological group, politician, etc etc could even come close to what the Nazi's did. I am still rather amazed such a movement and its actions could have ever existed in such recent times but I'm even more .. well disgusted at how kids these days seem so far removed from what actually happened that they'll use such symbols for whatever purpose without a second though.
zoobyshoe
Dec1-05, 03:00 AM
P: 5,616
Quote Quote by Smurf
did he kill anyone on those missions?
There's no record or report of him ever having killed anyone with his own two hands.

I'm curious as to why you ask, though. Given the 50,000,000 people who died in WWII, what particular difference would it make if he'd personally killed any of them?
scott1
Dec5-05, 10:42 PM
P: 459
Quote Quote by selfAdjoint
Does anyone know if he killed anybody as a soldier in WWI?
WWI.In his autobiography he said that he was in combat but he just made that up he was just a courier during WWI.
zoobyshoe
Dec6-05, 12:40 AM
Quote Quote by scott1
WWI.In his autobiography he said that he was in combat but he just made that up he was just a courier during WWI.
His position as courier involved getting messages around during firefights and shelling. He "saw" plenty of combat, was wasn't participating in it himself.
Bystander
Dec6-05, 01:49 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 1,382
"Courier" carries a connotation of something along the lines of "the singing telegram" in Clue; he was a "runner" at the "small unit" level, keeping OPs, LPs, Co. HQ, bunkers, and the like in communication with one another. Bottom line? He worked in "trench knife" country, and survived the war. Did he have to fight his way out of ambushes, trench raids, or any of the other "no man's land" and near "no man's land" festivities of the time? Unknown. He did pick up an Iron Cross, and that ain't too shabby for the enlisted ranks in that army in that war; suggests he may have had to do a little more than deliver Xmas cards.

"Murder?" Depending upon sources, there are questions surrounding Rohm's death and the death of one of his early girlfriends.
zoobyshoe
Dec6-05, 02:11 AM
You're saying someone thinks he executed Rohm himself?
Bystander
Dec6-05, 10:51 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 1,382
That's an inference drawn from accounts of the event --- and you just had to ask me whose inference (not percolating to the conscious level at the moment) --- based upon a lot of second-hand and circumstantial "testimony:" Hitler supposedly was carrying a drawn pistol when storming Rohm's residence; his orderly borrowed cleaning equipment following the event; and an unscheduled change of clothing. Strikes me the source is on the "suspicious" shelf alongside The Mind of Adolf Hitler, the OSS commissioned psychological profile.
NewScientist
Dec6-05, 11:50 AM
P: 246
To my knowledge he never killed anybod and looking at him from a psychoanalytical historical point of view, and reading the studies I have, i believe it is outside of his character.

Rohm and Hitler were close - rohm had been with him since the beginning and was killed solely as a method of pacifing the army and conservatives. Rohm was killed by the SS and Army on the Knight of the Long Knives.

Oh actually hitler killed his family
zoobyshoe
Dec6-05, 02:31 PM
Quote Quote by Bystander
That's an inference drawn from accounts of the event --- and you just had to ask me whose inference (not percolating to the conscious level at the moment) --- based upon a lot of second-hand and circumstantial "testimony:" Hitler supposedly was carrying a drawn pistol when storming Rohm's residence; his orderly borrowed cleaning equipment following the event; and an unscheduled change of clothing. Strikes me the source is on the "suspicious" shelf alongside The Mind of Adolf Hitler, the OSS commissioned psychological profile.
Under the circumstances I suppose there is some remote possibility he shot Rohm himself, althought it's out of character for him. But there was at least one other time he almost shot someone when he happened to have a pistol and was in a frenzy: himself. It was the wife of Ernst Hanfstaengle who physically stopped him. She had been trained in Judo.

Register to reply