Fast Talker Project Activity 3: Writing t(n) Questions

• Thread starter WingZero
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Project
In summary, the function t = 4.3n predicts the time t (in seconds) it takes n people in a row to say the tongue twister "A cricket critic cricked his neck at a critical cricket match." To find t(5), we plug in 5 for n and get t(5) = 4.3(5) = 21.5 seconds. This represents the time it takes for 5 people to say the tongue twister in a row. t(0) would mean that no one said the tongue twister, as there are 0 people. Finally, if t(n) = 3.44 seconds, we can determine that there were approximately 0.8 people in
WingZero
Activity 3: Writing

The function t = 4.3n predicts the time t (in seconds) it takes n people in a row to say the tongue twister "A cricket critic cricked his neck at a critical cricket match."

1. Find t(5). Explain what it represents. Show your work.
2. What does t(0) mean?
3. Suppose t(n) = 3.44 seconds. How can you determie how many people in a row said the tongue twister?

I need help solving those 3 questions.

Does t(5) mean that 5 people said the tongue twister in t = time?
And does t(0) mean that no one said the tongue twister?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
WingZero said:
Does t(5) mean that 5 people said the tongue twister in t = time?
And does t(0) mean that no one said the tongue twister?

You've got the right idea, just don't forget to compute t(5).

Hey Melinda,

Thanks a lot for replying. :biggrin:

What is the purpose of Fast Talker Project Activity 3?

The purpose of Activity 3 is to practice writing questions that can be used to gather data for the Fast Talker Project. These questions will help scientists learn more about the communication patterns of fast talkers.

How do I write t(n) questions?

To write t(n) questions, you first need to determine the independent and dependent variables. Then, you can come up with a question that asks how the dependent variable changes as the independent variable changes. For example, "How does the rate of speech (dependent variable) vary with the length of the conversation (independent variable)?"

What types of questions should I avoid when writing t(n) questions?

You should avoid asking leading questions, which suggest a certain answer. You should also avoid asking vague or ambiguous questions that are difficult to answer or don't provide useful data. It's important to ask clear and specific questions that will help gather relevant data.

Can I use t(n) questions in other research projects?

Yes, t(n) questions can be used in various research projects to gather data about how one variable affects another. This type of questioning can be particularly useful in scientific studies that involve experimentation or data analysis.

What should I do if I need help writing t(n) questions?

If you need help writing t(n) questions, you can consult with other scientists or research methods textbooks for guidance. You can also reach out to your project supervisor or a research advisor for assistance. It's important to make sure your questions are well-written and will provide valuable data for your research project.