How can I integrate smilies with instant reply option?

• Thread starter arunbg
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of advanced reply mode and the difficulty of including smileys. The suggestion is made to use a Firefox extension for easier use of smileys. The conversation also lists the codes for various smileys and mentions the need for new ones. The conversation ends with a compliment on the other person's avatar.
arunbg
I have always had trouble with switching over to advanced reply mode whenever I require a smiley, especially in GD, because it takes a bit more time. I don't want to study the codes either . Is there some way to integrate just the smileys along with the instant reply option ?

Physics news on Phys.org
The smilies are very intuitive to learn :smile:

In every case, except for the surprised smilie, the code starts with a colon : and ends with a :

Note: the actual code does not include spaces.:smile: = : smile :
:cry: = : cry :
:confused: = : confused :
:biggrin: = : biggrin :
:tongue: = : tongue :
:tongue2: = : tongue2 :
:rofl: = : rofl :
:cool: = : cool :

That is about all you need to know :smile:

To finish off a few more:

:redface: = : redface :
:mad: = : mad :
:rolleyes: = : rolleyes :
= : surprised (as I said this is the screwed up one)

The rest I don't know :cry:

Last edited:
We need new smilies!

That's a nice avatar, yomamma! :smile:

mattmns said:
The smilies are very intuitive to learn :smile:

In every case, except for the surprised smilie, the code starts with a colon : and ends with a :

Note: the actual code does not include spaces.

:smile: = : smile :
:cry: = : cry :
:confused: = : confused :
:biggrin: = : biggrin :
:tongue: = : tongue :
:tongue2: = : tongue2 :
:rofl: = : rofl :
:cool: = : cool :

That is about all you need to know :smile:
People also need to know these :!) :grumpy: :blushing: :devil: :uhh: ,
eh I guess that depends to people's ages! :wink:

neutrino said:
That's a nice avatar, yomamma! :smile:
You mean as a smilie?:bugeye:

What are "Smilies with instant replies"?

"Smilies with instant replies" are a type of online communication tool that allows users to quickly and easily respond to messages with pre-designed emoticons or emojis. These can range from simple smiley faces to more complex animations, and can often convey emotions and reactions more effectively than just text.

How do "Smilies with instant replies" work?

When a user receives a message, they can choose to respond with a "smilie with instant reply" by clicking on an appropriate emoticon or emoji. This will send the selected image as a response, typically appearing directly underneath the original message. Some platforms also allow users to personalize their "smilies with instant replies" by creating their own custom designs.

What are the advantages of using "Smilies with instant replies"?

One of the main advantages of "smilies with instant replies" is their ability to convey emotions and reactions quickly and easily. This can be especially useful in online conversations where tone and body language are not always easily communicated. Additionally, "smilies with instant replies" can add a fun and playful element to online communication, making it more engaging and enjoyable for users.

Are there any downsides to using "Smilies with instant replies"?

While "smilies with instant replies" can be a useful tool, they may also be seen as less personal or genuine than a written response. Additionally, overuse of "smilies with instant replies" can be perceived as immature or unprofessional, so it is important to use them in moderation and in appropriate situations.

Can "Smilies with instant replies" be used in professional settings?

Yes, "smilies with instant replies" can be used in professional settings, but it is important to use them appropriately and in moderation. In some cases, they may be seen as unprofessional, so it is important to consider the context and audience before using them. It may also be helpful to stick to more basic and widely recognized emoticons or emojis in professional settings.