"Problems with the PF database"

by JamesU
Tags: None
JamesU
Oct9-06, 05:25 PM
PF Gold
P: 745
I don't know if this is my computer or not, but after viewing a few threads whenever coming to PF, I get a "There seems to ba a problem with the Physics Forums database" error. Is everyone getting this?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
NASA's space station Robonaut finally getting legs
Free the seed: OSSI nurtures growing plants without patent barriers
Going nuts? Turkey looks to pistachios to heat new eco-city
Bystander
Oct9-06, 05:46 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 1,382
I ain't "everyone," but, yeah, I've been getting it --- going on what? Six months or so --- however long it's been that Greg and Warren have been trying to get things to behave. It's almost as if there're timers on the connection, and counters on navigation steps --- n navigation steps, and your connection gets trashed --- clear your cookies and offline content, log back in, and it hasn't dumped the whole site, just you --- I've been wondering whether I should take it personally.
ZapperZ
Oct9-06, 05:58 PM
Mentor
P: 28,804
Quote Quote by yomamma
I don't know if this is my computer or not, but after viewing a few threads whenever coming to PF, I get a "There seems to ba a problem with the Physics Forums database" error. Is everyone getting this?
Yes, the database error and timing out problem have been very frequent for me too. While most of the time they last for a very short time, they occur frequent enough to be rather annoying.

Zz.

neutrino
Oct10-06, 11:45 AM
P: 2,048

"Problems with the PF database"

We're back again! Feels like a breath of fresh air!
Evo
Oct10-06, 12:01 PM
Mentor
P: 25,944
I couldn't even drink my coffee this morning until PF came up.
brewnog
Oct10-06, 01:40 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,793
Yeah, it's been happening a lot lately.
ZapperZ
Oct11-06, 07:51 AM
Mentor
P: 28,804
It appears that the PF clock is lagging even further behind than before.

Zz.
Bystander
Oct11-06, 01:36 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
Data for them as can use it --- from 10 minutes ago to whatever the time stamp on this message, "database error." Could go anywhere else on the net --- looks like the site was up.

Is there a cookie problem?
Bystander
Oct11-06, 02:06 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
Okay, this time "the bug" wiped out everyone but 23-4 users --- and, let me stay on --- trying to delete duplicates it created of a post --- but, at least it let me stay on. Had to log in for every navigation step in the post deletion process --- part of what has me thinking it's the Keebler Elves or Cookie Monster throwing rancid shredded coconut into the cookies.
Greg Bernhardt
Oct11-06, 02:09 PM
Admin
P: 8,537
We're aware of the problems and working on finding a solution.

Register to reply