Register to reply

Electromagnetic force in electric motor

by batsan
Tags: electric, electromagnetic, force, motor
Share this thread:
batsan
Jan21-07, 05:23 PM
P: 9
Suppose we have a DC motor with permanent magnet. Moreover, the armature of motor is groove rotor. The elementary electromagnetic force is given by: dF=jxBdv, where j is electric current density , x is vector multiplication , B - magnetic flux density , dv - elementary volume. If we integrate by all the volume, we will calculate only zero, because there is current density j in the groove , but there is no magnetic field B. Otherwise ,there is B in the steel , but no j.
How you can explain that?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
New study refines biological evolution model
Fiber optic light pipes in the retina do much more than simple image transfer
Production phase for LSST camera sensors nears
Meir Achuz
Jan21-07, 07:51 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 1,992
There is B in the groove.
batsan
Jan22-07, 02:25 AM
Are you sure?
The magnetic resistance of the groove materials, such as copper, insulation ,air etc is many times more then steel. The magnetic flux pass around the groove, but not inside it.

Meir Achuz
Jan22-07, 08:03 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
Electromagnetic force in electric motor

Quote Quote by batsan View Post
Are you sure?
The magnetic resistance of the groove materials, such as copper, insulation ,air etc is many times more then steel. The magnetic flux pass around the groove, but not inside it.
The hig magnetic reluctance (not resistance) of those materials is what permits the B field to enter the groove. That is why steel is not used for the armature.
batsan
Jan23-07, 04:35 AM
Ok. Is this correct picture or not?
http://www.mfly.de/animation_b.gif
Meir Achuz
Jan24-07, 09:32 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
The picture is colorful, but I don't think it is relevant to your question or my answer.
batsan
Jan25-07, 02:11 PM
Yes,this is AC motor, but formula for its force must be the same. As we see color of groove is blue and it corresponds to B=0.
Meir Achuz
Jan27-07, 07:54 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
The picture is colorful, but I don't think it is relevant to your question or my answer, since B is not zero in the groove however they color it.

Register to reply