Measuring output of LDR

by Alecdrew
Tags: measuring, output
Share this thread:
Alecdrew
May12-07, 07:34 AM
P: 1
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
it is a reasearch project i have to plan an experiment to find what effect different wavelengths of light, from a lamp which is used to grow plants, will have on the output of an LDR.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

so far my plan is (breifly) to use a lamp and put coloured filters in front of it to controll the wavelength. also i have researched a CdS cell which would be the standard lab LDR i will use. The only thing i really need help with is a proximate ranges for meters required. as i have bin looking for days and cant find anything that would help, i am using an ammeter and voltmeter to give the power output. "P=VI"
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Study links polar vortex chills to melting sea ice
Lab unveil new nano-sized synthetic scaffolding technique
Cool calculations for cold atoms: New theory of universal three-body encounters
Astronuc
May12-07, 09:42 AM
Admin
P: 21,887
The only thing i really need help with is a proximate ranges for meters required.
The distance between light source and LDR (light dependent resistor) would determine the number of photons arriving at the LDR, by virtue of the area * photon flux.

One could start some distance away from the light source and gradually move the LDR closer and measure the response or signal strength.

This might provide some insight - http://www.doctronics.co.uk/ldr_sensors.htm

The filtering will also affect the flux since it will 'filter out' some fraction of the photons. It would perhaps be better to place the filter nearer to the detecting LDR rather than the source.

Register to reply