PF PHOTO CONTEST - Eat, And Be Merry (11/17-11/23)

In summary: It's not for the faint of heart. :)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...cience/RedHabaneroRelishIngredients-1.jpg Happy THANKSgivin' ya'll!turbo-1In summary, the conversation revolved around the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday and the tradition of indulging in food. Participants shared their excitement and plans for the holiday, along with photos of delicious dishes and desserts. One member also shared a photo of ingredients for their homemade spicy relish, which sparked interest and admiration. The group wished each other a happy Thanksgiving and reminded others to submit their photos before the deadline.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Eat, And Be Merry

For us here in the US, this coming week is the Thanksgiving Holidays. While the main purpose of the holiday is to give thanks for what we have, most of us simply use it as an excuse to eat, eat, eat, and eat some more. Gluttony is alive and well during this holiday. So what better theme to have this week than on FOOD? All pictures of food will be acceptable.

To everyone celebrating the holidays, Happy Thanksgiving!

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Happy thanksgiving. I brought dessert !

Picture257.jpg

Nice one, mate. What are all those floaty red things?

http://bikeflat.com/albums/sept06/7_G.sized.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
The revealing of the roasted luau pig. Gluttony follows...

img1356hg1.jpg

Zz.

Peeps

Do Peeps qualify as food?
2053191781_c4d694e70b_o.jpg

Why are they all screaming?

Mk said:
Why are they all screaming?
Not sure but the pink ones behind them look guilty...

:rofl:ahahahahahha:rofl:

I've never seen peeps that were screaming before either. :bugeye:

But, glondor's submission already has me drooling. Glondor, can I have an invitation to your Thanksgiving dinner? That mound of desserts sure looks better than the no-sugar pumpkin pie I'm worrying I'm going to get served. :uhh:

What are those red floaty things!

You have less than 2 days left to submit a photo for this contest. Hopefully, if you're waiting to take a picture from today's food gouging, you'll have plenty to submit by the end of the day.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Zz.

I wish we had thanksgiving here. I really want an excuse to eat a ludicrous amount of turkey. I'd also get a decent photo opportunity out of it.

Hope you saved room for desert.

pies.jpg

I now have a photobucket account, perhaps my pic will show for everybody.

Happy Thanksgiving from

Ivan, Tsu, Integral and Differental

Last few hours to get your pictures in!

Zz.

Well, it's not a nice Thanksgiving food picture, but it's some of my favorite stuff. Here are the fixin's for a batch of my red habanero relish, including the chilis, Russian garlic, and minced dill florets. I love making chili relishes, and we use them in sauces, stir-fries, and sandwiches.

habanerorelish003.jpg

1. What is the theme of the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

The theme of the PF PHOTO CONTEST is "Eat, And Be Merry." This means that the photos submitted should showcase a festive and enjoyable meal or food-related experience.

2. How do I enter the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

To enter the PF PHOTO CONTEST, you must submit your photo via email to the designated email address listed in the contest details. Be sure to include your name, contact information, and a brief description of your photo.

3. Can I submit more than one photo to the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

Yes, you can submit multiple photos to the PF PHOTO CONTEST. However, each photo must be submitted separately and must adhere to the contest guidelines and theme.

4. Who can participate in the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

The PF PHOTO CONTEST is open to anyone who is interested in photography and meets the eligibility requirements listed in the contest details. This includes age restrictions and geographical limitations.

5. What is the deadline for submitting photos to the PF PHOTO CONTEST?

The deadline for submitting photos to the PF PHOTO CONTEST is November 23rd. Submissions received after this date will not be considered for the contest.