Register to reply

Vacuum chamber

by Davidrdguez
Tags: chamber, vacuum
Share this thread:
Davidrdguez
Jan11-08, 04:20 AM
P: 9
Hello, I'd like to propose you one question.

I tried to use my logic but it doesn't work.

I have a chamber and i make the vacuum in the interior of it. I have one inlet pipe and two outlet pipes, there is one substance that is coming in, the reaction inside the chamber and the two exits for the two products that they were produced in the reaction.

I'd like to know if this is possible. I mean, I want the less possible pressure in the interior, and can I do this? put one substance into and out normally?

Thank you very much
Attached Thumbnails
vacuum chamber.JPG  
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physical constant is constant even in strong gravitational fields
Physicists provide new insights into the world of quantum materials
Nuclear spins control current in plastic LED: Step toward quantum computing, spintronic memory, better displays
f95toli
Jan11-08, 06:24 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,263
What kind of reaction are you refering to? Since you only have one inlet you are presumably not talking about a reaction resulting from "mixing" two gases.

Otherwise, I can't see why it wouldn't be possible. You need one pump for circulating the gases and another for the differential pumping of the chamber.
Davidrdguez
Jan11-08, 06:34 AM
Hi,

Actually the chamber I speak about it's a drying chamber of a spray dryer. It's a device to dry particles. There are one mix of product and water, we atomize it in small droplets (always inside the room) and with dry air (I forgot one another inlet pipe, the air to dry) we put the water off the mix. That's what happens inside the chamber.

I doubt because I need special devices in the inlet and outlet pipes and as I have the lower pressure inside the chamber and atmospheric pressure in the pipes I don't know if it is possible.

Thanks

dst
Jan11-08, 07:22 AM
P: 389
Vacuum chamber

Yes it's possible. You have your reactant going in, and pressure in the chamber can be controlled via the outlet in a manner similar to vacuum filtration.

The only thing is that pressure of the inlet will increase to attempt to balance out the low pressure in the chamber.
Davidrdguez
Jan14-08, 03:48 AM
Ok, i understand.

Thank you, you have helped me very much.

Register to reply