Register to reply

Harnessing Condensation

by nickindustrial
Tags: condensation, harnessing
Share this thread:
nickindustrial
Apr10-08, 05:55 PM
P: 8
Do any of you know of successful processes that encourage condensation, and then collect the water droplets that are produced?

I am trying to design a system that uses minimal if any energy to run that would provide a potable source of water for the home. I am aware of the condensation produced through refrigeration processes and dehumidifying systems but I have not come across much else.

There is an existing concept that uses a similar process to what I am intending on doing, waterunlimited, by Max Whisson, but if you guys have any thoughts it would be great

Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Catching grease to cut grill pollution
Researchers develop tool to predict the level of driver discomfort caused by LED lighting
New inexpensive and easy to implement computer software provides real-time and highly accurate data on traffic
Danger
Apr10-08, 07:56 PM
PF Gold
P: 8,964
I'd look into 'inverse-tenting' a plastic sheet over a bunch of plants. They 'breathe' out water vapour.
jaap de vries
Apr11-08, 01:44 AM
P: 254
Wasn't that called a 'cloud catcher' or fog catcher or something like that? I saw something like that ones as a tool for developing countries.
It looked like a large net that came out in buckets or something like that.

Register to reply