Register to reply

PF PHOTO CONTEST - Peace And Tranquility (6/21-6/27)

by ZapperZ
Tags: contest, or 27, peace, photo, tranquility
Share this thread:
ZapperZ
Jun21-08, 05:54 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 29,238
Peace And Tranquility

This week's picture must invoke the feeling of peace and tranquility to the viewers.

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
FIXD tells car drivers via smartphone what is wrong
Team pioneers strategy for creating new materials
Team defines new biodiversity metric
Moonbear
Jun22-08, 05:03 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Okay, this should fit with the theme (and maybe if nobody else posts anything, I'll finally win one of these ).

This is of the lawn by the tide pools outside the hotel I stayed at in Kona, HI (this was actually a photo from my lanai). It was low tide at the time, so very quiet and tranquil (my favorite time to go wandering around the tide pools to see what critters I could find, and there were plenty), and as a bonus, there were hammocks strung between palm trees overlooking the tide pools (this is why they had to drag me kicking and screaming onto the flight back home). The sea turtles thought it was tranquil too, because they'd visit every afternoon to bask in the sun on the lava rocks in these tide pools. I saw as many as a dozen all hanging out together one day (unfortunately, no camera with me when I saw them).

BryanP
Jun22-08, 05:17 PM
P: 205
quiet afternoon by the pacific ocean

Attached Thumbnails
afternoon.jpg  

waht
Jun22-08, 05:56 PM
P: 1,636
PF PHOTO CONTEST - Peace And Tranquility (6/21-6/27)

A peaceful hike in Glacier National Park.

turbo
Jun22-08, 06:01 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Moxie Falls - one of my favorite places in Maine, shared this day with a good PF friend and his family.
edward
Jun23-08, 03:55 PM
PF Gold
P: 876
Ranibow Lake, Arizona White Mountains

ZapperZ
Jun23-08, 04:39 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by edward View Post
Ranibow Lake, Arizona White Mountains
edward: we have SIZE issues.

Zz.
larkspur
Jun23-08, 05:00 PM
P: 791
Early morning on a quiet mountain road.

edward
Jun23-08, 08:48 PM
PF Gold
P: 876
Quote Quote by ZapperZ View Post
edward: we have SIZE issues.

Zz.
Ahh nutz Image Shack strikes again delete it ZapperZ
ZapperZ
Jun25-08, 10:41 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Not a lot of peace and tranquility so far....

:)

Zz.
ZapperZ
Jun25-08, 04:09 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold

Zz.
mbrmbrg
Jun25-08, 08:31 PM
P: 494
Philadelphia, PA, people. Not the suburbs of Philly, but Philadelphia proper.

[picture does not qualify due to size - Zz]
Attached Thumbnails
2008-06-13 073.jpg  
Moonbear
Jun25-08, 08:33 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,270
Quote Quote by mbrmbrg View Post
Philadelphia, PA, people. Not the suburbs of Philly, but Philadelphia proper.
You have to upload it as a link from a site like ImageShack or Photobucket to get entered in the contest.
mbrmbrg
Jun25-08, 08:35 PM
P: 494
Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post
You have to upload it as a link from a site like ImageShack or Photobucket to get entered in the contest.
Got it; thanks!
GeorginaS
Jun25-08, 08:58 PM
P: 380
Also, mbrmbrg, you must resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels.
binzing
Jun25-08, 10:33 PM
P: 252
Goddam lark, you ever quit? Methinks the defunct winners (by you) should camera jack you. Including webcams, cell phone cameras, and any other type of digital or analog light capturing device.
BryanP
Jun25-08, 11:11 PM
P: 205
Getting pwned by the resolution reqs.
lisab
Jun25-08, 11:30 PM
Mentor
P: 2,988
Oh that poor kitty is stuck to a brick wall head down ! Not tranquil...poor kitty!

Register to reply