Register to reply

U.S. admits to secret interrogation site in Baghdad

Share this thread:
Adam
May22-04, 01:31 AM
P: 454
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- As hundreds of detainees were released from Abu Ghraib prison outside Baghdad, a senior U.S. official Friday confirmed that a previously undisclosed U.S. military interrogation facility at or near Baghdad International Airport does indeed exist.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html
They seem to be going out of their way to provide fuel for the anti-Bush folks.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Fungus deadly to AIDS patients found to grow on trees
Canola genome sequence reveals evolutionary 'love triangle'
Scientists uncover clues to role of magnetism in iron-based superconductors
studentx
May22-04, 06:09 AM
P: 371
"the site was run in accordance with the Geneva Conventions and all detainees were afforded their rights under that international document."

your point was, Adam?
Adam
May22-04, 06:36 AM
Studentx, please... Just sit back in the corner and watch for a month or two, let the adults discuss matters. You may learn something.

That particular phrase of molification was issued by a US employee involved with the matter. Do you take the word of a bank-robber, coming out of the bank with a sack of money over his shoulder, saying "I'm not breaking the law"?

Just in case you have forgotten (which seems the case): http://physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=26795

studentx
May22-04, 07:30 AM
P: 371
U.S. admits to secret interrogation site in Baghdad

Assuming the man is lying by default is not very objective is it?
I am very skeptical of what the man says. But comparing him to a bankrobber... strawman Adam, tsk tsk

btw Adam, im 28 years old!
Adam
May22-04, 07:37 AM
Actually it's not a straw man. It's a fairly accurate analogy.
Hurkyl
May22-04, 07:42 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 16,091
Do you take the word of a bank-robber, coming out of the bank with a sack of money over his shoulder, saying "I'm not breaking the law"?
If there are no signs the bank was robbed, then yes, I do.
Adam
May22-04, 07:47 AM
After a closing time.
phatmonky
May22-04, 10:30 AM
P: 1,528
Give me a break Adam.
We all know that guy is Australian!
I mean, Australian servicemen raped brown women in WWII. Howard has called for Australians to be put in Iraq. By your own accounts, Howard is a liar and sneaky, thus we can infer that he has secretly put troops in Iraq already!
Because Howard, by your statements, is just an agent for the US this base is OBVIOUSLY an Australian base.
Sooo, until I see otherwise,this is a secret Australian Rape Base, setup by Howard and Bush!!!!!!
Adam
May22-04, 10:53 AM
Well, that's about what I expect, really....

Register to reply