PF (re)union

by Andre
Tags: reunion
Andre
Oct12-09, 04:21 AM
PF Gold
P: 5,450
So I have been entertaining the thought to organize a meeting with PF friends, and dialogueing in chat about it yesterday, I felt enough encouragement to proceed.

If there are enough firm indications and commitments to visit, it can be done, and at resonable costs. And I'm more than happy to organize things.

The whereabouts.

This is the place:

It's in southern France close to the Pyrenee mountains. Try 'Allieres France' in google maps to get an idea.

The time.

Balancing all factors, second half of April 2010 seems to be the best. Air fares and other costs are still on minimum rates, while the spring is at it's best. It would not be the first time when the swimming pool was already in use at that time. No guarantee however.

The duration, coming transatlantic, minimum stay would be a week at least, I would think to deal with jet lag, while we fill the time with hiking, horseback riding, swimming or skiing or just having parties with bbq, whatever. Two weeks would be no problem either, each on individual wishes.

Of course there are minimum and maximum attendance numbers, accommodation wise, but we could deal with that as it arises.

So what do you think, would you come? Any caveats?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Review: With Galaxy S5, Samsung proves less can be more
Making graphene in your kitchen
Study casts doubt on climate benefit of biofuels from corn residue
lisab
Oct12-09, 09:24 AM
Mentor
P: 2,917
Sounds fantastic!
Borek
Oct12-09, 09:39 AM
Admin
P: 22,691
Interesting idea

Define 'reasonable cost'.

Not that I will be able to say something before late December.

Andre
Oct12-09, 09:45 AM
PF Gold

PF (re)union

It's my sisters place, Borek, so it's not really intended to be commercial. It would depend much on number of participants and conditions. But she must at least be able to buy the food and wine and clean the sheets and things like that.

But won't be much, not really close to hotel costs.
Sorry!
Oct12-09, 09:55 AM
P: 571
Ah man I wish I were on more friendly terms with all you guys :P Always wanted to go to Europe. It'd probably be weird since most people here are probably twice my age :| haha
lisab
Oct12-09, 09:56 AM
Mentor
P: 2,917
Quote Quote by Sorry! View Post
Ah man I wish I were on more friendly terms with all you guys :P Always wanted to go to Europe. It'd probably be weird since most people here are probably twice my age :| haha
That doesn't mean we're not fun !
waht
Oct12-09, 10:12 AM
P: 1,636
Quote Quote by Sorry! View Post
now you are sorry
Andre
Oct12-09, 10:24 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Borek View Post
Define 'reasonable cost'.
More about costs, it would make a big difference, if we ask my sister to cook or if we use the big kitchen in the "gite" and each of us shows his kitchen skills to the others, by cooking her/his favorite dish and asking my sisters family to join us with dinner.
Sorry!
Oct12-09, 10:39 AM
P: 571
Quote Quote by waht View Post
now you are sorry
hahahaha! and I don't doubt you guys are 'fun' lisa ;)
Danger
Oct12-09, 11:40 AM
PF Gold
P: 8,961
Sounds like a great idea. There's no way that I could participate, but I look forward to seeing the pictures.
Andre
Oct12-09, 12:22 PM
PF Gold
Ah pictures, yes good idea, Dan, really too bad that you can't come.

But it's a photographers paradise, Borek!

I wonder if my niece has a bf again.
Borek
Oct12-09, 12:27 PM
Admin
You have posted some of these pictures earlier, so I know its a beautiful place
Monique
Oct12-09, 12:28 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,619
I can't give a firm commitment at this point, but it sounds like a great idea.
Evo
Oct12-09, 02:11 PM
Mentor
P: 25,945
Quote Quote by Andre View Post
More about costs, it would make a big difference, if we ask my sister to cook or if we use the big kitchen in the "gite" and each of us shows his kitchen skills to the others, by cooking her/his favorite dish and asking my sisters family to join us with dinner.
oooh, cooking would be fun, too bad turbo cvan't go!

MIH and I have voluteered to be the bar wenches.
Moonbear
Oct12-09, 10:02 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
Oh, it looks wonderful! Unfortunately, I know I'm already booked with other commitments at the end of April, so can't even toy with the idea.
GeorginaS
Oct13-09, 09:10 AM
P: 379
Beautiful home, beautiful location, wonderful countryside, it's tempting. I've already got the beginning of April booked for travel for my mother's birthday, but I could make a mad attempt at swinging this, however I wouldn't go without Moonbear.
Andre
Nov3-09, 02:35 PM
PF Gold
I met my sister last weekend and we discussed the event. She is very happy to host it and the format, timing etc can indeed be adapted to exactly what we like. Everything is open. So any ideas? comments?
Borek
Nov3-09, 02:43 PM
Admin
Too early for any declarations for me.

Register to reply