Ti-89 ROM Image

by Saladsamurai
Tags: image, ti89
Share this thread:
Saladsamurai
Jan29-10, 05:40 PM
P: 3,015
Hey there,

They used to have the image available at the Ti website, but have since done something with it due to piracy issues. It is legal to dowload if you own the Ti89 which I do, do I am trying to locate it.

A friend told me that it was on the Ti site under something else now. they have name it something else that is. And you have to download it and rename it to get it to work with an emulator.

I have since lost contact with this person; does anyone know what he was talking about?

I am desperately trying to use my computer as an environment to write code for my calculator.

EDIT:

Ok. So I figured out that you just download the operating system which is named : "TI89Titanium_OS.89u"

But now i cannot figure out what to do with that?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Climate change increases risk of crop slowdown in next 20 years
Researcher part of team studying ways to better predict intensity of hurricanes
New molecule puts scientists a step closer to understanding hydrogen storage
Borg
Jan29-10, 06:03 PM
PF Gold
P: 759
Are you looking for this?
TI Connect
Saladsamurai
Jan29-10, 06:08 PM
Quote Quote by Borg View Post
Are you looking for this?
TI Connect
Hi Borg! No, I am not. I am trying to use an emulator to make it so I can use my Ti89 Titanium on my Windows machine. This will allow me to write code in a 'nicer' environment and then download it to my actual calculator.

the problem is that to use the VTI emulator, you need the Ti89 operating system saved to the PCs hard drive as a *.rom file. But Ti has changed the OS format to *.89u

As a result, VTI won't recognize this when you "browse for an image (*.rom"). I tried just renaming the OS as *.rom but that did not work.

I found a thread online that said you could 'modify' the VTI filter so that it does recognize *.89u while browsing, but I have know idea how to do this.

Borg
Jan29-10, 07:23 PM
PF Gold
P: 759
Ti-89 ROM Image

Hi Saladsamurai! See if this link helps http://www.grahamkendall.net/HP48-49/D-59.txt. According to that page, it looks like you just need to tell your emulator about the new file type and it will work.

BTW, if you are using Windows, I know a few registry tricks that might help you to permanently add it if the info above works.
Saladsamurai
Jan29-10, 08:57 PM
Thanks! I found this: http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tiemu/about.html and installed everything successfully using the "TI89Titanium_OS.89u" file available at the Ti website. I found the *.89u file here: http://education.ti.com/educationpor...9titanium.html

Register to reply