Projectile Problem: Find Theta | d=30, v=22, g=9.8, y0=2

• Thread starter rajesh.msen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Projectile
In summary, The conversation is about a person seeking help with a projectile system that involves physics and trigonometry. They have provided the necessary information such as the velocity, target distance, gravity, and launch height, and are trying to solve for the angle. The equation was obtained from a link provided, and it is suggested to analyze separately along the x- and y-axes for a simpler solution.
rajesh.msen

Homework Statement

Hi to all guys i am not good in physics and trigonometric I tried to do a projectile system.My launch point is higher than target point.I know the velocity v, target_distance d, gravity g,Launch_height_y y0.I added a image that shows the equation.I tried my own but not solved the equation.Please some one help me

d = 30,v = 22 , g = 9.8 ,y0 = 2

I wants to find the theta(angle)

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• c1da5860501561519415962ddda5e85e.png
    c1da5860501561519415962ddda5e85e.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Not sure how you got the equation but ut would be best to analyse along the independent x- and y-axes.One is accelerated and other is simple non-accelerated one.

Of course it is right. What I meant was analysis along x- and y-axes separately is much simpler(that's how they got the formula).

What is a projectile problem?

A projectile problem is a type of physics problem that involves calculating the trajectory of an object that is launched or thrown into the air, taking into account factors such as initial velocity, angle of launch, and gravity.

What is the value of d in this problem?

The value of d in this problem refers to the horizontal distance traveled by the projectile, also known as the range.

What is the value of v in this problem?

The value of v in this problem refers to the initial velocity of the projectile, which is the speed at which it is launched or thrown.

What is the value of g in this problem?

The value of g in this problem refers to the acceleration due to gravity, which is typically assumed to be 9.8 m/s^2 on Earth.

What does y0 represent in this problem?

The value of y0 in this problem represents the initial height of the projectile, or the height at which it is launched or thrown from.