Register to reply

Electrical engineering applications requiring the use of gas laws such as PV=NRT etc

Share this thread:
land_of_ice
Apr22-10, 10:03 PM
P: 134
Have you ever used the Ideal Gas Law, Charles' Law, Boyls' Law, or the Combined Gas Law for anything in electrical engineering?
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
DIY glove-based tutor indicates muscle-memory potential
Tricorder XPRIZE: 10 teams advance in global competition to develop consumer-focused diagnostic device
Study shows local seismic isolation and damping methods provide optimal protection for essential computing equipment
berkeman
Apr23-10, 02:05 AM
Mentor
P: 41,109
Quote Quote by land_of_ice View Post
Have you ever used the Ideal Gas Law, Charles' Law, Boyls' Law, or the Combined Gas Law for anything in electrical engineering?
Not me, just in undergrad training. Why do you ask?
MATLABdude
Apr23-10, 07:30 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,724
I used all of these.
...To get my degree!

But you never know when you need a bit of instrumentation for sensing or measuring something, and can't get a sensor to directly measure that quality, but CAN measure something related, instead.

Mike_In_Plano
Apr23-10, 09:29 PM
P: 560
Electrical engineering applications requiring the use of gas laws such as PV=NRT etc

I used them at work, but the gas equations got even more complex, so I usually ran away and let the physics guys work on it.

PS - I designed gas flow controllers and vacuum gauges

Register to reply