Register to reply

Superstructure construction with aluminum paneling

Share this thread:
M.D.G
Jun15-10, 01:23 PM
P: 19
Iím looking for information regarding the use of composite aluminum sandwich paneling in the construction of superstructures. I have found quite a lot of information regarding the implementation of foam cores with glass skins in place of solid fiberglass; however I have been unable to find anything of the sort dealing with the implementation of foam core with aluminum skins in place of aluminum with welded stiffeners. The goal is to replace side and aft walls of an aluminum boat cabin which are currently made from aluminum plating with welded on stiffeners, with a panel type construction. Any info or nudges in the right direction are much appreciated.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Apple to unveil 'iWatch' on September 9
NASA deep-space rocket, SLS, to launch in 2018
Study examines 13,000-year-old nanodiamonds from multiple locations across three continents
Studiot
Jun15-10, 01:47 PM
P: 5,462
Are you sure it's aluminium, not a special alloy.
Aluminium has a poor life expectancy in salt water environments.
M.D.G
Jun15-10, 02:03 PM
P: 19
Quote Quote by Studiot View Post
Are you sure it's aluminium, not a special alloy.
Aluminium has a poor life expectancy in salt water environments.
Oops sorry, the aluminum currently used is 5052, mill finished. If there are any other details I am forgetting please let me know

Register to reply