Antenna, transmission line

by Mica
Tags: antenna, line, transmission
Share this thread:
Mica
Sep8-04, 10:46 AM
P: 32
Hi,

I want to clarify some notiona in an antenna. The major components of an antenna are a generator, transmission line and an antenna (dipole). Let's say the whole system has a perfect matche, i.e. the dipole is about 70 ohms as the transmission line. If my generator ,the output voltage, is an impulse which has a duration in a micro second ( let's say 1 micro sec). So, the frequency of this generator is 1 Mhz? If the impluse is a square, the main fundamental frequency is 1 MHz and also , with others harmonics, I means if I do the Fourier Transformation am I right?

Thanks,

Mica
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Greater safety and security at Europe's train stations
Fingerprints for freight items
On the way to a safe and secure smart home
chroot
Sep8-04, 01:06 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 10,427
A square wave is composed of odd integer harmonics. The third, fifth, seventh, and higher order odd harmonics all have power in them.

- Warren
Mica
Sep8-04, 03:10 PM
Quote Quote by chroot
A square wave is composed of odd integer harmonics. The third, fifth, seventh, and higher order odd harmonics all have power in them.

- Warren
How can I determined these odd integer harmonics ? and if is another wave form ? And the calculation of the power of these harmonics ?

Thanks,

Mica

chroot
Sep8-04, 03:54 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 10,427
Antenna, transmission line

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Fourier...quareWave.html

Look at equation 6.

The third harmonic has a frequency three times that of fundamental, and has an amplitude one-third that of the fundamental. The fifth harmonic has a frequency five times that of the fundamental and an amplitude one-fifth that of the fundamental.

- Warren
Mica
Sep9-04, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the information. So, for my dipole radited efficiently, I just match the right frequency output of the generator ? I mean like if my dipole resonances at 1 GHz so, my impluse (voltage source) duration will be 1/1 GHz ( 1 nano second) independent of the wave form?

Mica

Register to reply