Antenna, transmission line

by Mica
Tags: antenna, line, transmission
Share this thread:
Mica
Sep8-04, 10:46 AM
P: 32
Hi,

I want to clarify some notiona in an antenna. The major components of an antenna are a generator, transmission line and an antenna (dipole). Let's say the whole system has a perfect matche, i.e. the dipole is about 70 ohms as the transmission line. If my generator ,the output voltage, is an impulse which has a duration in a micro second ( let's say 1 micro sec). So, the frequency of this generator is 1 Mhz? If the impluse is a square, the main fundamental frequency is 1 MHz and also , with others harmonics, I means if I do the Fourier Transformation am I right?

Thanks,

Mica
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
An innovative system anticipates driver fatigue in the vehicle to prevent accidents
Squink personal factory aims to make circuit prototyping easy
Catching grease to cut grill pollution
chroot
Sep8-04, 01:06 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 10,429
A square wave is composed of odd integer harmonics. The third, fifth, seventh, and higher order odd harmonics all have power in them.

- Warren
Mica
Sep8-04, 03:10 PM
Quote Quote by chroot
A square wave is composed of odd integer harmonics. The third, fifth, seventh, and higher order odd harmonics all have power in them.

- Warren
How can I determined these odd integer harmonics ? and if is another wave form ? And the calculation of the power of these harmonics ?

Thanks,

Mica

chroot
Sep8-04, 03:54 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 10,429
Antenna, transmission line

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Fourier...quareWave.html

Look at equation 6.

The third harmonic has a frequency three times that of fundamental, and has an amplitude one-third that of the fundamental. The fifth harmonic has a frequency five times that of the fundamental and an amplitude one-fifth that of the fundamental.

- Warren
Mica
Sep9-04, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the information. So, for my dipole radited efficiently, I just match the right frequency output of the generator ? I mean like if my dipole resonances at 1 GHz so, my impluse (voltage source) duration will be 1/1 GHz ( 1 nano second) independent of the wave form?

Mica

Register to reply