View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?
Green Bay Packers 11 33.33%
Pittsburgh Steelers 10 30.30%
Don't care 6 18.18%
Super Bowl? What's that? 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Register to reply

Super Bowl XLV

by jtbell
Tags: bowl, super
Share this thread:
jtbell
Feb5-11, 04:26 PM
Mentor
P: 11,782
When I was a kid growing up in Cleveland Browns territory, about halfway towards Pittsburgh, the Pittsburgh Steelers were our mortal enemies. Then when I went to grad school, I shared an apartment with a guy from Pittsburgh, and we had a lot of fun when Browns/Steelers games turned up on TV. Now I'm happy to root for Pittsburgh, except when they play the Browns, of course.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
lisab
Feb5-11, 04:47 PM
Mentor
P: 2,990
Maybe I'll watch the puppies.
Pengwuino
Feb5-11, 06:24 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,120
I'm not sure, I hate them both.

russ_watters
Feb5-11, 07:11 PM
Mentor
P: 22,302
Super Bowl XLV

Meh, Green Bay....

....But I predict Betty White will be the real winner.
Jack21222
Feb5-11, 07:40 PM
P: 772
Lets see if the refs play favorites with the Stealers, again.
turbo
Feb5-11, 07:55 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
Quote Quote by lisab View Post
Maybe I'll watch the puppies.
Me too! What channel are they on?
Math Is Hard
Feb5-11, 08:28 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,922
Hatin' on the Packers...

Norman
Feb5-11, 10:54 PM
P: 922
Packers through and through. I grew up in GB. Wasn't a big fan growing up, but not having the crazy green and gold EVERYWHERE makes me miss home. So I watch and root for them now. Plus, if I rooted for another team, my family may never speak to me again.
hypatia
Feb5-11, 11:04 PM
P: 1,298
I'm excited for Puppy Bowl! I have all kinds of special food prepared, mostly featuring the hot dog and kibble type foods.
Greg Bernhardt
Feb5-11, 11:06 PM
Admin
P: 9,575
Anyone who picks the steelers will be banned :D
DR13
Feb5-11, 11:08 PM
P: 207
Steelers will win. Their defense is relentless. Rodgers is great but he just isnt the same after he takes a big hit (which will happen early and often). And Ben is a winner. 24-20 Steelers. Ben hits Mike Wallace with :49 left. You heard it here first.
DR13
Feb5-11, 11:09 PM
Crap. Im sorry greg! I typed that before you posted. I swear! Well I guess this is goodbye...
Kevin_Axion
Feb5-11, 11:15 PM
P: 921
Did you know Chase Blackburn, the linebacker for the NY Giants has a degree in Mathematics?
DR13
Feb5-11, 11:19 PM
Quote Quote by Kevin_Axion View Post
Did you know Chase Blackburn, the linebacker for the NY Giants has a degree in Mathematics?
It's probably not a good thing to be able to calculate your odds of getting a concussion on any specific play
jtbell
Feb5-11, 11:41 PM
Mentor
P: 11,782
When I was a kid in the 1960s, my parents and I took a vacation road trip up through Michigan and the U.P., and down through Wisconsin to Chicago where my father had an army reunion. My father and I thought it worth stopping in Green Bay to get a picture of the stadium.
Attached Thumbnails
greenbay.jpg  
Char. Limit
Feb6-11, 12:28 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,951
Quote Quote by Jack21222 View Post
Lets see if the refs play favorites with the Stealers, again.
This is the reason I'm rooting for the Packers. I'm a Seahawks fan, and watching the refs hate on the Hawks just turned me against the Stealers.
Jack21222
Feb6-11, 12:55 AM
P: 772
Quote Quote by Char. Limit View Post
This is the reason I'm rooting for the Packers. I'm a Seahawks fan, and watching the refs hate on the Hawks just turned me against the Stealers.
The refs did a number on the Ravens against the Steelers their last meeting. A phantom holding call on a punt return for a touchdown, and then calling a defensive holding on what would have been a failed 3rd down attempt by Pittsburgh when it was the offense that was holding resulted in an 8 point swing in what ended up as a 7 point game.
Char. Limit
Feb6-11, 01:38 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,951
Quote Quote by Jack21222 View Post
The refs did a number on the Ravens against the Steelers their last meeting. A phantom holding call on a punt return for a touchdown, and then calling a defensive holding on what would have been a failed 3rd down attempt by Pittsburgh when it was the offense that was holding resulted in an 8 point swing in what ended up as a 7 point game.
Good, the Steelers deserved it.

Register to reply