Photo Contest - What A Mess (5/28-6/3)

In summary, the photo contest theme is "What A Mess" and is open to both amateur and professional photographers. Photos can be submitted through social media with a designated hashtag or email. Participants can submit up to 3 photos, each of which must be unique. Prizes include cash prizes, featuring on the website and social media, and a certificate of recognition for all winners and honorable mentions.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
What A Mess!

Just like the title say, this week, your photo must have, as its main subject, something or some place that looks very messy. Shouldn't be difficult if you have a teenage kid!

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
ZapperZ said:
... Shouldn't be difficult if you have a teenage kid!

What if you are a teenager yourself.:smile:
Thankfully I checked the contest before mom returned; a brilliant this piece of art would have been lost otherwise. So here it goes.

5775118157_cdd61f6b72_z.jpg

This mess is not made by some teenager, but by adults!

img5973q.jpg

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
This mess is not made by some teenager, but by adults!

bowing-036.gif

[PLAIN]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/916/dsc7421.jpg [Broken]

Unfortunately, the culprits got camera-shy when I showed up...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, crap.

Cue tumbleweed...
whatamess.jpg

marcin_mess.jpg

This was quite a mess...

mess.jpg

marzena_what_a_mess.jpg

Last day to submit a photo for this messy contest.

Zz.

A tornado touched down in the next town around 6pm on Wednesday. This shot is from the roadway, aiming down along the path of the tornado. Broken, splintered, and uprooted trees, including a lot of spruce and firs that are all twisted up in one another. It would take a skilled and brave/foolhardy person to get into that mess with a chainsaw to clean it up, since about any tree that you cut is going to spring in one direction or another. Very dangerous.

Mess_cont.jpg

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of the photo contest is "What A Mess". Participants are encouraged to capture images of messy or chaotic scenes.

2. Who can participate in the photo contest?

The photo contest is open to anyone who has a passion for photography and is interested in the theme of "What A Mess". We welcome submissions from amateur and professional photographers alike.

3. How do I submit my photo for the contest?

To submit your photo, you can either post it on social media with the hashtag #WhatAMessContest or email it to the designated email address. Make sure to include your name and contact information in the submission.

4. Is there a limit to the number of photos I can submit?

Participants can submit up to 3 photos for the contest. However, each photo must be different and not part of a series.

5. What are the prizes for the photo contest?

The top 3 winners of the photo contest will receive cash prizes and their photos will be featured on our website and social media platforms. Additionally, all winners and honorable mentions will receive a certificate of recognition.