Why are the message icons not working?

• Thread starter figjam616
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a user experiencing trouble with message icons not working when trying to attach a picture. They are seeking advice on how to attach a picture and mention that the issue has since been resolved.
figjam616
Message icons don't work?

Hi,
I cannot use the icons (fonts, attachments, etc) when posting a message.
I click on any of them and nothing happends...
All I want to do is attach a pic. Any ideas?
Cheers

Physics news on Phys.org

figjam616 said:
Hi,
I cannot use the icons (fonts, attachments, etc) when posting a message.
I click on any of them and nothing happends...
All I want to do is attach a pic. Any ideas?
Cheers
Are you trying to attach a picture, as in upload it to the PF server, or link to a picture hosted elsewhere? The Icon that looks like a picture frame that says "insert image" is only for linking to a picture. To attach an image, you must scroll down to "Additional options", under "attach files", select "manage attachments", then follow instructions.

Evo said:
To attach an image, you must scroll down to "Additional options", under "attach files", select "manage attachments"

The problem was none of the icons/buttons/fonts settings would do anything when clicked on.
However the problem has righted itself, so the website or my pc was having s*** fit at the time.
Thanks Evo for your help.

1. Why are my message icons not working?

There could be several reasons why your message icons are not working. It could be due to a technical issue with the messaging platform or app you are using, a problem with your device's settings, or a temporary glitch in the system. It is best to troubleshoot and try different solutions to determine the exact cause of the issue.

2. How can I fix the problem with my message icons?

First, try restarting your device and checking your internet connection. If that does not work, try clearing the cache and data of the messaging app or platform. You can also try updating the app or reinstalling it. If the issue persists, contact the customer support team of the messaging platform for further assistance.

3. Are there any known bugs or issues with the messaging platform?

It is possible that there are known bugs or technical issues with the messaging platform, which may affect the functionality of message icons. Check the platform's website or social media pages for any announcements or updates on ongoing issues. You can also contact their customer support team for more information.

4. Will I lose any messages or data if I troubleshoot the message icons?

In most cases, troubleshooting the message icons should not affect your messages or data. However, it is always a good idea to back up your messages before attempting any troubleshooting steps, just in case. You can also try accessing the messaging platform on a different device to see if the issue is specific to your device or account.

5. Can I customize my message icons?

It depends on the messaging platform or app you are using. Some platforms may offer limited customization options for message icons, while others may not have any options at all. Check the platform's settings or FAQ section to see if customization is available. If not, you can suggest this feature to the platform's customer support team for future updates.