Hello, a simple question: a circuit with a DC source and a

by vrc
Tags: circuit, simple, source
Share this thread:
vrc
Aug9-11, 03:15 AM
P: 32
hello,

a simple question: a circuit with a DC source and a capacitor (assume no voltage loses due to the cables etc..)
there wille be nog energy loses during the charging of it, because there's no conduction in the whole circuit, so no work is done by de DC source

now assume a AC source, in this case also no work is done by the source ?

is this all correct ?

grtz
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Step lightly: All-optical transistor triggered by single photon promises advances in quantum applications
The unifying framework of symmetry reveals properties of a broad range of physical systems
What time is it in the universe?
chrisbaird
Aug9-11, 09:19 AM
P: 617
How does a capacitor get charged with no conduction of electricity? I think you are confusing the final static equilibrium system with the process of charging.
vrc
Aug9-11, 12:16 PM
yes indeed, during the process of charging work is done by the source, because charge has been moved to the capacitors plate !

stupid tginking of me !

grtz

RonL
Aug9-11, 12:58 PM
PF Gold
P: 707
Hello, a simple question: a circuit with a DC source and a

Quote Quote by vrc View Post
yes indeed, during the process of charging work is done by the source, because charge has been moved to the capacitors plate !

stupid tginking of me !

grtz
I'm pretty sure stupid thinking, almost always precedes smart thinking.
vrc
Aug10-11, 04:05 AM
but those thing are quit fundamental...
but you're rigth great inventions were made by some crazy ideas

htank you !

Register to reply