Where Have All the Cartoons Gone? Revisiting Classic Favorites

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: I loved the Peabody cartoons. They were so funny. I also liked the Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons. They were really funny too.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Why is it every time i watch a cartoon on tv its a repeat, i mean the
proper ones like Road Runner, Daffy Duck or Bugs Bunny, are they
not being made now, if not, why not, what's up dock?
Whats your favour-et?

Physics news on Phys.org
My favourite had to be road-runner because of Wile E Coyote. Are we just talking Warner Bros? Dangermouse would be my favourite of all time though.

Likes ujjwal3097
No, the classic warner bros cartoons are not being newly produced, a tragedy if you ask me.

No, the classic warner bros cartoons are not being newly produced, a tragedy if you ask me.
Well ill be dog darned, the real cartoons were, are my favourite distraction
from reality, i think we should petition warner bros to restart production.
Danger mouse is ok but not as good as road runner etc.

I loved the road runner cartoons. So Awesome.

Roadrunner was always my favorite. Beep Beep! Yeah, they haven't made any new ones in a VERY long time.

I also liked Speedy Gonzalez.

I miss cartoons that had cute animal characters, not the cartoons nowadays that seem a little too mature, never have any moral to the story (okay, neither did Loony Toons really, but a lot of other cartoons from my childhood did), and the characters aren't even loveable nowadays. I can't believe kids are all excited about a sponge! Though, actually, I have recently seen one that's cute. I think it's just called Shark. This girl has a pet shark named Kenny who is always getting into trouble. Reminds me a lot of the old Magilla Gorilla cartoons, which I loved as a kid.

Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote were my favorite, too.

Followed by Porky Pig and Daffy Duck and Marvin the Martian

That Rooster (I keep wanting to say Rooster Cogburn, but I think that was the Rooster in True Grit) and the chicken hawk

Pepe LePew

Bugs Bunny

Did anyone here ever watch Clutch Cargo? Pretty lame animation - it looked like cardboard drawings just being moved across the screen, but kind of entrancing somehow. At least the story lines were good.

Johnny Qwest

Pop-Eye

Mighty Mouse

Marvin the Martian!

I forgot all about him.

Its not thatthe old cartoons had morals, its that they didn't have the trite dialogue and plot lines. They were simple, violent, and pointless, not written by people who think they have funny things to say. So much better that way.

My favorite cartoons are on adult swim: futurama, family guy, venture brothers, sealab 2021, etc.

My favorites were Roadrunner, Bugs Bunny and Tom & Jerry.

Mel Blanc. RIP
That's why they don't make the classics anymore

I shouldn't have written that. I don't have a clue whether Mr. Blanc is alive or dead. I completely made that up and I apologize if I'm wrong. If I'm not wrong cool.
edit: no not cool, if I'm not wrong, RIP Mel

Yes RIP Mel.
Wow, you pull stuff out of your arse and you are still right.
Go figure.
Mike

tribdog said:
Mel Blanc. RIP
That's why they don't make the classics anymore

I figured it was somethinglike that. Come back Mel! Come back!

I must...resurrect him...frankenstien complex growing...BWAHAHA!

I believe the original Bugs Bunny (and friends) cartoons were made during the 40's to 60's. Mel Blanc may be the original voice, but the characters have made appearances in new projects every few years (Roger Rabbit, Hare Jordan/Space Jam, Tiny Toons), the voices are quite reproducible.

I believe they made a movie a couple years ago, but it didn't do so well at the box-office. The time is quite ripe for them to come out as 3D computer-animated characters. It hasn't been done yet afaik, so I'm sure it's bound to happen.

You have to give it to Bugs though, he's been on screen daily for about 50 years, quite enough to shut Regis up.

BobG said:
That Rooster (I keep wanting to say Rooster Cogburn, but I think that was the Rooster in True Grit) and the chicken hawk

Oh not Foghorn bloody Leghorn. "I say I say nah listen here bohy" said kinda like that... I hate him.

My favourite cartoon character appears in Rocky and Bullwinkle series and is the know-it-all dog called Peabody. I find hilarious his adventures :tongue:

1. Where have all the cartoons gone?

There are a few reasons why it may seem like there are fewer cartoons nowadays. One reason is that as we grow older, our perception of time changes and it may seem like there are fewer cartoons because we have less time to watch them. Another reason is that there are now more options for entertainment, such as streaming services and online videos, so cartoons may not be as prominent in our daily lives.

2. Why are classic cartoons not as popular as they used to be?

Classic cartoons may not be as popular nowadays because our society and culture have changed. The humor, themes, and animation styles of classic cartoons may not resonate with younger generations. Additionally, there are now stricter regulations and standards for children's programming, which may limit the creativity and edginess of classic cartoons.

3. Are classic cartoons still being made?

Yes, there are still classic-style cartoons being made, but they may not be as widely broadcasted or popular as they once were. Independent animators and smaller studios may still produce classic-style cartoons, but they may not have the same budget or resources as larger animation companies.

4. Can I still watch classic cartoons?

Yes, many classic cartoons are still available to watch. Some may be accessible through streaming services, while others may be available for purchase or rental. Additionally, some television channels may still air classic cartoons during specific time slots or as part of special programming.

5. Will there be a resurgence of classic cartoons in the future?

It is difficult to predict the future of cartoons, but there is always a possibility for a resurgence of classic-style cartoons. As trends and tastes change, what is considered "classic" may also change. Additionally, with advancements in technology, classic cartoons may be remastered or reimagined for modern audiences, bringing a new wave of popularity to these beloved favorites.