Textbook for physics programming

by Carnivroar
Tags: physics, programming, textbook
Carnivroar
Dec12-11, 01:51 PM
P: 117
Can anyone recommend me a textbook that teaches you how to write simple physics models? I would like to take everything I learned this year in physics 1 and create a program for it since I'm also a comp sci major.

This is the best one I found so far but I'm not sure if it's exactly what I need.

http://www.amazon.com/Course-Computa...tt_at_ep_dpt_1

Any others?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Simplicity is key to co-operative robots
Chemical vapor deposition used to grow atomic layer materials on top of each other
Earliest ancestor of land herbivores discovered
bcbwilla
Dec14-11, 04:45 PM
P: 103
Do you have a programming language preference?

If you are also a computer science major and have experience programming, you may want to pick a book that skips basic programming concepts, and is more about general algorithms. For example, the book you linked to is nearly half about basic C++! That may be a waste of time if you have already had a basic programming course.
Carnivroar
Dec14-11, 04:57 PM
P: 117
Quote Quote by bcbwilla View Post
Do you have a programming language preference?

If you are also a computer science major and have experience programming, you may want to pick a book that skips basic programming concepts, and is more about general algorithms. For example, the book you linked to is nearly half about basic C++! That may be a waste of time if you have already had a basic programming course.
Oops, I thought I had mentioned it - I'm looking for books in C++ specifically. I want to learn C++ while practicing physics - 2 birds 1 stone . I know nothing of C++, only Java and Python. So if what you say is true (that half of the book is a tutorial on C++), that doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. Do you have the book?

Someone recommended me Physics for Game Developers. It looks pretty good too, just what I wanted (basic graphic mechanics), but apparently it doesn't actually teach C++.

Register to reply