Best way to start a career in computer science without a BS

by piyowashere
Tags: career, science, start
piyowashere
Jan18-12, 11:07 AM
P: 14
Hello, i am from Peru and about to finish my degree in Industrial Engineering in March with outstanding grades.

In order to start a career in Computer science i have thought of this options:
1. Start a BS in CS from an ivy league school. (will my good grades in my previous degree help?)
2. Do a masters degree in CS: i think people with a bs in cs will know more than me
3. Do a 1 year master conversion program in the UK: its incredibly short, i don't think i will have the required knowledge to be the best. I would then do a regular masters
4. Do a second undergraduate degree in the UK

I would prefer the uk options as i have family there

Please help me out guys, i am really lost, no idea where to start, and no one else to talk to
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Microbes provide insights into evolution of human language
kylem
Jan18-12, 07:00 PM
P: 62
What area of computer science? Some areas have more "prerequisites" than others, and your IE experience will probably be more applicable to certain areas.
piyowashere
Jan18-12, 07:10 PM
P: 14
In Which areas will my I.E degrEe benefit me?

I was thinking artificial inteligence although I am not sure. I didn't have an oportunity to study aboard before. I want to study cs because I think I have realized that talking to computers is what I ambest at.

Register to reply