I need a 12v switch to respond to a 433.92 Mhz signal

by remy2078
Tags: respond, signal, switch
remy2078
Feb2-12, 03:48 PM
P: 3
Im not an elctrical engineer but I do need a source for the above mentioned switch. I would even be open to a simple schematic. Please Help.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
WSU innovation improves drowsy driver detection
Faster computation of electromagnetic interference on an electronic circuit board
berkeman
Feb2-12, 04:59 PM
Mentor
P: 39,720
Quote Quote by remy2078 View Post
Im not an elctrical engineer but I do need a source for the above mentioned switch. I would even be open to a simple schematic. Please Help.
Welcome to the PF.

What is the source of that signal? How is it being modulated? What receive signal level do you expect from a resonant antenna at your receiver?
remy2078
Feb2-12, 05:03 PM
This is a simple 12v dc current that I need to interrupt in the form of a RF receiver switch that simply will close up receiving the radio signal thus allowing the voltage to pass to the accuator

berkeman
Feb2-12, 05:07 PM
Mentor
P: 39,720

I need a 12v switch to respond to a 433.92 Mhz signal

Quote Quote by remy2078 View Post
This is a simple 12v dc current that I need to interrupt in the form of a RF receiver switch that simply will close up receiving the radio signal thus allowing the voltage to pass to the accuator
Sure. But you need to answer the questions I asked, in order for us to help you. We need to know a lot more about the RF signal (its source, strength, modulation, etc.).
remy2078
Feb2-12, 05:16 PM
I cant seem to get that technical data all I can provide is the model and serial number of the source and hope you can find the specific info you need. WS4916 - DSC Wireless Heat & Smoke Detector
MATLABdude
Feb2-12, 08:38 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 1,724
For this sort of thing, you'd almost certainly need a receiver from the same company (unless you disassembled one and discovered that the wireless module is just a COTS type module that you can purchase elsewhere).

Unfortunately, the DSC RXL2-433 wireless receiver relay driver doesn't list the fire alarm as a compatible device (though it might still work, even if it's not intended for the application--I'd contact DSC to see if they'd know). Using the DSC RF5108-433 receiver module doesn't output to a user form either (it's for integration into the DSC panel).

Maybe if you backed up a bit and told us what you're trying to accomplish, we can recommend an alternative?

Register to reply