Register to reply

Fundamental engineering Exam for Electrical Engineers

Share this thread:
asdfmosin
Feb13-12, 05:20 PM
P: 14
Hello;
I'm a electrical engineering senior and was wondering if passing the F.E. exam would help in the job market. Since I know it is usually catered toward Mechanical engineering and is requirement for Civil engineers, I'm not sure if it would actually state anything for an emerging Electrical engineer.
Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thank You
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
UConn makes 3-D copies of antique instrument parts
Amazon worker piloted drone around Space Needle
Five next-generation technologies for positioning, navigation and timing
Topher925
Feb13-12, 08:14 PM
P: 1,672
It certainly couldn't hurt. Plus, if you ever decide to go on and get your PE its one less exam you have to take.

I plan on taking my FE exam in the fall, however I'm a PhD student. I really wish I would have taken it shortly after getting my BS like most engineers do.
StrykerTECH
Feb23-12, 01:35 AM
P: 16
I'm an electrical engineer with a PE license. If you’re considering it, I would definitely recommend taking the FE exam. Your professional engineering license will stay on your resume for your entire career.

A professional engineering license is needed for some electrical controls engineering positions or if you plan on doing any engineering consulting work directly for the public.

Register to reply