Register to reply

Otto's cycle

by Kork
Tags: cycle, otto
Share this thread:
Kork
#1
Feb22-12, 09:37 AM
P: 33
I have made an Ottos Cycle graph and found the area Wnet and W12. I now have to find the efficiency η = Wnet/W12 I have found that to be 0,20 but I have no idea what this tells me about the work or anything.

I need help.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Bees able to spot which flowers offer best rewards before landing
Classic Lewis Carroll character inspires new ecological model
When cooperation counts: Researchers find sperm benefit from grouping together in mice
eric2921
#2
Feb23-12, 01:52 AM
P: 8
If [itex]\eta[/itex]=.2 then the system is 20% efficient, that is, if you put some energy into the system, only 20% of that energy is converted into work, and the other 80 percent is lost as heat.


Register to reply

Related Discussions
Otto Cycle: net work done Advanced Physics Homework 4
Thermodynamics: Otto Cycle Engineering, Comp Sci, & Technology Homework 9
Otto cycle Engineering, Comp Sci, & Technology Homework 1
Adiabatics with OTTO CYCLE Introductory Physics Homework 3
The Otto Cycle Classical Physics 4