Moment Diagram for Boomerang shaped Beam

by lordgraam
Tags: beam, boomerang, diagram, moment, shaped
Share this thread:
lordgraam
Feb26-12, 06:50 PM
P: 1
Hey y'all,
I'm trying to determine a moment diagram for this "boomerang" shape (a picture is attached). Its been a long while since I have done mechanics, and I can't remember the relevant equations or how to best approach this problem. I will be using the analysis of the fringes (given by the colors in the beam) to determine the approximate loads applied at each location, and I have the dimensions of the beam, I just don't know how to use this information to solve for the moment diagram. Any relevant information is much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00484.jpg  
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
NASA team lays plans to observe new worlds
IHEP in China has ambitions for Higgs factory
Spinach could lead to alternative energy more powerful than Popeye
wizwom
Feb28-12, 12:10 AM
P: 71
Quote Quote by lordgraam View Post
Hey y'all,
I'm trying to determine a moment diagram for this "boomerang" shape (a picture is attached). Its been a long while since I have done mechanics, and I can't remember the relevant equations or how to best approach this problem. I will be using the analysis of the fringes (given by the colors in the beam) to determine the approximate loads applied at each location, and I have the dimensions of the beam, I just don't know how to use this information to solve for the moment diagram. Any relevant information is much appreciated.
Sheer is integration of the forces; moment it integration of the shear.

Register to reply