Maths Video:Visible Fibre Bundle

by Strongart
Tags: geometry, mathematics
Strongart
Feb29-12, 05:03 AM
P: 2
Here is my maths seminar video:Visible Fibre Bundle,discussing the vivid picture of fibre bundle which is the basic concept in the modern differential geometry.
My English is poor,but I think the maths ideal is helpful and interesting.

[flash]http://www.tudou.com/v/-HUCJSHLdWU/&rpid=6075939&resourceId=6075939_04_05_99/v.swf[flash]

How to embed it?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
The hemihelix: Scientists discover a new shape using rubber bands (w/ video)
Microbes provide insights into evolution of human language
Tinyboss
Feb29-12, 07:52 AM
P: 234
I didn't have time to watch enough to comment on the mathematics, but I have one huge suggestion for you: talk to someone who knows a lot about making videos! If you don't know anyone, then here are a few things I will suggest (someone who knows more about it can probably give you more and better ideas than these):
  1. Use a tripod. The low camera angle is distracting.
  2. Use a microphone. We can barely hear you.
  3. Clean that whiteboard, find a way to mount it on the wall, and temporarily get rid of that thing hanging above it. All this stuff is distracting.
  4. More light! Sometimes you are just a shadow against the whiteboard. The more diffuse the better, so you don't cast distracting shadows.

The second two points might be more easily addressed by filming in a different location.

Register to reply