Register to reply

Help me regain my thirst for knowledge

by jd12345
Tags: knowledge, regain, thirst
Share this thread:
jd12345
Oct24-12, 06:47 AM
P: 260
Okay guys - I hope you all can help me ... maybe someone out there has gone through similar experiences.
There are some smart guys out there in my college and I feel very jealous when they score and I do not. Earlier I didn't care about how others performed, I was only focused on my knowledge.
I love studying and learning new things but this feeling of jealousy is killing me. I don't want to have it but still can't help it.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Wildfires and other burns play bigger role in climate change, professor finds
SR Labs research to expose BadUSB next week in Vegas
New study advances 'DNA revolution,' tells butterflies' evolutionary history
zoobyshoe
Oct24-12, 12:20 PM
P: 5,625
Just to clarify your problem: you're saying you used to be satisfied just learning but now you have become envious of people who get better grades?
SHISHKABOB
Oct24-12, 12:27 PM
P: 614
I use that feeling of competition to help me focus on working hard. There are kids in my class who generally do better than I do, but lately I have improved and I'm pretty sure that I'm ahead of them. This makes me feel a lot better about myself, but I couldn't have gotten here if I hadn't been jealous of them in the first place, since that was sort of what helped fuel my desire to improve.

jd12345
Oct25-12, 12:03 AM
P: 260
Help me regain my thirst for knowledge

Quote Quote by zoobyshoe View Post
Just to clarify your problem: you're saying you used to be satisfied just learning but now you have become envious of people who get better grades?
That's correct.

Quote Quote by SHISHKABOB View Post
I use that feeling of competition to help me focus on working hard. There are kids in my class who generally do better than I do, but lately I have improved and I'm pretty sure that I'm ahead of them. This makes me feel a lot better about myself, but I couldn't have gotten here if I hadn't been jealous of them in the first place, since that was sort of what helped fuel my desire to improve.
Maybe that would help me get better but I don't like the competitive feeling. I don't like comparing myself with others. I just want to enjoy learning.

Although I am not sure why am I saying all this on this forum, but still it makes me feel better to share this with some unknown people

Register to reply