Register to reply

Positive/Negative Pressure Control of Syringe using Compressed Air and Vacuum Pump

Share this thread:
nanomoly
Dec17-12, 04:50 PM
P: 8
I would like to try and set up a pressure control system in my lab using house vacuum and compressed air. Or otherwise using a compressed air source and vacuum pump.

I want to be able to control the pressure in a reservoir (a syringe) within the range of -15 to +15psi.

I was thinking that I can do this somehow by connecting the gas source and vacuum source in parallel with the reservoir and adusting flow using throttle valve to reach desired setpoint as read by a pressure gauge.

This is far outside my area of expertise and seems like something that should be fairly easy to do. I think the general way I have suggested may work but I am not sure of the specifics and anticipate there may be a better way.

I possible I would also like to be able to have computer control, in LabView for example.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Tiny UAVs and hummingbirds are put to test
Britain to trial driverless cars from 2015
NIST corrosion lab tests suggest need for underground gas tank retrofits

Register to reply