Newb to Physics, Good Places To Start?

• Thread starter Chocolatechips
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation is about a person who is new to physics and is looking for resources to learn more about the subject. They ask for suggestions on websites and videos for beginners, and someone suggests a website called "Motion Mountain" and "HyperPhysics." Another person recommends a YouTube channel called "TheNewBoston" and a book by Stephen Hawkins called "Universe In A Nut Shell."
Chocolatechips
Hey guys! so I am new to physics and I pursued the topic out of interest and I have learned a lot over the past few days, the subject is extremely addictive. I was wondering if there were just some websites or videos for beginners to start at.

If any of you know some good websites, youtubers and such with information for beginners to physics please reply to this I will take all suggestions, thanks in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
thanks guys!

This will helpful.
http://thenewboston.org/list.php?cat=35

Last edited:

1. What is the best way to approach learning physics as a beginner?

As a newb to physics, it's important to start with the basics. This includes understanding mathematical concepts such as algebra, trigonometry, and calculus. It's also helpful to have a strong foundation in science and critical thinking skills. Once you have these fundamentals, you can start studying introductory physics textbooks and practicing problems to solidify your understanding.

2. Are there any online resources or courses that can help me learn physics?

Yes, there are many online resources and courses available for beginners to learn physics. Some popular options include Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Coursera. These resources offer a variety of lectures, practice problems, and interactive simulations to help you learn at your own pace.

3. Is it necessary to have a strong math background to understand physics?

While having a strong math background can certainly help in understanding physics, it is not necessary. Many introductory physics courses will cover the necessary math concepts as they are needed. However, having a basic understanding of algebra and trigonometry is highly recommended.

4. How can I apply what I learn in physics to real-world scenarios?

Physics is all around us, and understanding its principles can help us make sense of the world and its phenomena. As you learn different concepts in physics, try to think about how they apply to real-world scenarios. You can also look for examples and applications of physics in everyday life, such as the laws of motion in sports or the principles of electricity in household appliances.

5. What are some common misconceptions about studying physics?

One common misconception about studying physics is that it is only for math or science geniuses. In reality, anyone can learn physics with dedication and practice. Another misconception is that physics is just a bunch of equations and formulas to memorize. While there are formulas in physics, the focus is on understanding the underlying principles and how to apply them to solve problems.