Register to reply

Georgia Tech Lecture: Time Cube with Gene Ray

by theCandyman
Tags: cube, gene, georgia, lecture, tech, time
Share this thread:
theCandyman
Apr12-05, 08:27 PM
P: 395
Well, this Thursday, on my birthday, "Dr. Gene Ray, Wisest Human" will give a lecture on his Time Cube theory. If you have not heard of it, look here: http://www.timecube.com/. If anyone can decipher what he is talking about, please share your thoughts with the rest of us and explain it.

There are also other links from the Georgia Tech website: http://timecube.shim.net/. My friends an I are all entertained by his theory and we are all planning to attend, if only for a laugh. So who has already heard of this man? A few of the MIT students I am sure.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Wildfires and other burns play bigger role in climate change, professor finds
SR Labs research to expose BadUSB next week in Vegas
New study advances 'DNA revolution,' tells butterflies' evolutionary history
chroot
Apr12-05, 08:32 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 10,428
If I'm not mistaken, the MIT timecube lecture happened a few years ago. Are they doing it again?

- Warren
theCandyman
Apr12-05, 10:34 PM
P: 395
The MIT lecture was in 2002, I heard he was laughed out of the lecture. It looks like the students who set it up wanted everyone to hear how illogicaly this guy thinks.

Moonbear
Apr12-05, 10:56 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,271
Georgia Tech Lecture: Time Cube with Gene Ray

Quote Quote by theCandyman
The MIT lecture was in 2002, I heard he was laughed out of the lecture. It looks like the students who set it up wanted everyone to hear how illogicaly this guy thinks.
It's good to know MIT is supporting the arts...comedy acts, right? But, if you laugh, that just makes you one of the educated stupid!
samoth1
Apr13-05, 04:12 AM
P: 32
The Time Cube guy is real?

... wow...
matthyaouw
Apr13-05, 04:26 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,216
Oh dear, not him again!
If he ever lectures at my univerity, I would certainly attend, just for a laugh. Do tell us some of the highlights please!
Gokul43201
Apr13-05, 11:15 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
Quote Quote by theCandyman
So who has already heard of this man? A few of the MIT students I am sure.
Most of us here, have.

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthr...light=timecube
cronxeh
Apr13-05, 11:25 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,236
* "-1 x -1 = +1 is stupid and evil."

I agree.

Here is a nice pic from MIT:
matthyaouw
Apr13-05, 11:59 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,216
"I have $10,000.00 that I will
wager that Cubicism transcends
and disproves Theism Creation. "

Gene Ray V Creationists.
This should be good. Place your bets people.
Smurf
Apr13-05, 06:16 PM
P: 2,891
creationists. 2:1
The Rev
Apr14-05, 10:36 AM
P: 77
I just looked at his site, and WHAT A FREAK!! How on Earth did this guy get to lecture at MIT? (This is the Mass. Institute of Technology we're talking about, not the Men's Institute of Typing, right?)

If this guy can lecture at MIT, so can I. Hmm... I just need a good theory...

Got one!!

The Rev's Quantum Wave Theory!

Here's how it goes:

Particles like electrons, photons, etc. have properties of both waves and particles. I propose that the reason they have both properties is because the particles are, in motion, doing "the wave" like at a football game. This gives them wavelike properties while they are still just particles.

Genius, isn't it!?

Can't wait for that honorary degree...

The Rev
Moonbear
Apr14-05, 11:19 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by The Rev
I just looked at his site, and WHAT A FREAK!! How on Earth did this guy get to lecture at MIT? (This is the Mass. Institute of Technology we're talking about, not the Men's Institute of Typing, right?)
Oh, don't worry, I'm sure the only one who thinks this is a serious lecture is Gene Ray. I greatly suspect the rest of the audience is showing up for the sheer entertainment value of getting to laugh him off the stage. Doesn't he even look a little crazy in the photo? How old do you think he was when he came up with his theory? Can we blame senile dementia for it?
FredGarvin
Apr14-05, 11:52 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 5,095
I liked the wording from his web site on the screen:

"Your god is invited and a chair will be prepared."

"Will free speech be allowed, or will obscurantism (?) prevail in academic and religious word..."

I like this guy.
cronxeh
Apr14-05, 12:09 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,236
the students invited him - on their own club or whatever-they-have-down-there time. Cant believe MIT undergrads have: 1. time and 2. time for a time cube
Moonbear
Apr14-05, 12:11 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Oh, it just occurred to me that they ought to have an entire class revolving around this, Harry Potter style! You know how in those books the students have to attend Defense Against the Dark Arts classes, and part of that involves identifying various monsters along with some practical experience in demonstrations of those creatures? Well, they could have a whole class on Defense Against the Crackpots. You need to learn how to recognize them, and it would be so easy to lure them in for demonstrations just by asking them to guest lecture on their theories. They'd be so thrilled to be considered seriously, they'd never question the intent.
Smurf
Apr14-05, 06:20 PM
P: 2,891
Hmmm, how to recognise them. oh I got it!:

1) any idea based on a harry potter book

Register to reply