What's for dinner?

by Evo
Tags: dinner
Share this thread:
Evo
May14-05, 07:42 PM
Mentor
P: 26,444
I eat alone every night. (the Child of Evo works after school and weekends) and honestly after working all day, a long drive home, not getting home until after 9pm most nights, I either skip dinner because I'm too tired, or had a late snack at the office or eat whatever is at hand. Last night, dinner was velveeta cheese dip.

Tonight I am cooking a ham. It smells so good in here. I was just thinking about how great it would be to have some blueberry poundcake for desert, but alas, I have none.

I see all these great recipies posted by other members, so, I was wondering, what are you having for dinner tonight?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Sapphire talk enlivens guesswork over iPhone 6
Geneticists offer clues to better rice, tomato crops
UConn makes 3-D copies of antique instrument parts
Jason
May14-05, 08:03 PM
P: 17
Tonite mi mama cooked one of my best favorites: Beefy noodles. Which had with it mashed potatoes 'n gravy and some succulent steamed veggietables that I like and plus some black bread. I also wish there was Ben And Jerry's for dessert but we don't got any.

"todo lo que se mueva es calne y la calne es placer"
brewnog
May14-05, 08:10 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,794
Barbeque baby!

We probably ate about seven chickens, two pigs, and half a cow this evening.

There's nothing quite like throwing a couple of animals on the fire...

Moonbear
May14-05, 08:11 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,271
What's for dinner?

I have no idea yet. It's already after 9 and I'm still at the office, just thinking about whether I want to pick up take-out on the way home, or if I'll really cook once home. There are chicken breasts defrosting in my fridge, so that's always an option (if not tonight, then it will be for tomorrow).
Monique
May14-05, 08:23 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,642
french fries with sweet chilli sauce, after that rice with tofu and peanut butter
Pengwuino
May14-05, 08:25 PM
PF Gold
P: 7,120
Calzones :D
Gale
May14-05, 08:35 PM
P: 676
nothing arrrg me mum doesn't believe in cooking or grocery shopping.... so its a saturday night, and i'm the coolest 17 yr old ever... so i'm about to go buy groceries for the family! woot! then i'll probably grab a bite to eat while i'm out. woooo
Evo
May14-05, 08:37 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by brewnog
Barbeque baby!

We probably ate about seven chickens, two pigs, and half a cow this evening.

There's nothing quite like throwing a couple of animals on the fire...
My kind of guy!!!
Evo
May14-05, 08:39 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by Gale17
nothing arrrg me mum doesn't believe in cooking or grocery shopping.... so its a saturday night, and i'm the coolest 17 yr old ever... so i'm about to go buy groceries for the family! woot! then i'll probably grab a bite to eat while i'm out. woooo
Gale, that's sad. If you like ham (I was craving something salty) come on over!!!
zoobyshoe
May14-05, 08:45 PM
P: 5,625
Zoobie food. You don't want to know.
brewnog
May14-05, 08:46 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,794
Quote Quote by Evo
My kind of guy!!!
Wow, so behaving like a caveman really does pay off then?

I'll have to get the leopardskin thong out more often...

Here's a small sample of what it's like to attend a Manchester Fire-be-que. Please ignore the socks.
Attached Thumbnails
firebeque.JPG  
Evo
May14-05, 09:06 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by brewnog
Wow, so behaving like a caveman really does pay off then?

I'll have to get the leopardskin thong out more often...

Here's a small sample of what it's like to attend a Manchester Fire-be-que. Please ignore the socks.
Socks? Where's the thong???
Gale
May14-05, 10:35 PM
P: 676
Quote Quote by Evo
Gale, that's sad. If you like ham (I was craving something salty) come on over!!!
heh, its not so bad. i actually don't mind grocery shopping, could be worse. At any rate, i swang... er, swung... hmm... i hit up mcdonalds on the way home. nothing like a $1 mcchicken for dinner.... mmmmm.....
Astronuc
May14-05, 11:04 PM
Admin
P: 21,827
I eat alone every night.
Sorry to hear that Evo.

I cook just about every night - most times, nothing fancy - but quick stuff, since I have to cook for 4. After a days work, I don't want to get too involved in cooking. On the weekends, maybe something fancier if we don't get something from some place like Subway.

Today was a heavy day of gardening. I enlarged one of the plots. The ground is a mix of clay and rock, and even my new 7hp rototiller was just getting the grass and one inch (2 cm) of soil. So it break out the pick and pitchfork, and hack away at the rocks and hard clay soil. That lasted a few hours in the morning and early afternoon. Then it was up the hill, where I am terracing the hill side (upper garden). The tiller had an easier time, but I still had to use the pick and pitchfork in places.

Then there was mulching and watering. Working like that I consumed 2 20-oz bottles of Gatorade and a couple of pints of Cranberry juice mixed with berry selzter. When I work like that, I don't eat, just drink.

This evening, I scarfed a hotdog while heading out the door to by more mulch and 4 boards of 2x10-10ft to make a border around one of the plots. We have another plot that will become a raised bed for an herb garden, just as soon as I remove the old tree stump and till it.

I had a bowl of granola cereal about an hour ago.

Another big day of gardening later today.
faust9
May14-05, 11:14 PM
P: 998
Lamb Korma with almond slivers over Basmati Rice. Dahl soup. Fresh cucumber and onion and carrot salad with plain organic yogart dressing. And least we forget the samosa and Naan. Mmmmmmmmm. Dabble some mint and/or mango chutney over everything!!! God my belly is about to burst just thinking about the yummy Indian food. I ate too much already but I want more.... My sweetie and I dine out on the weekends.
Moonbear
May14-05, 11:45 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,271
The final dinner selection wound up being salad out of a bag (that I added some sliced mushrooms and onion to), cheese spread on crackers, and a half pint of ice cream. I think I'd starve if I ever became lactose intolerant! I'm still waiting for cronxeh to deliver me some pizza from NY!
Ivan Seeking
May15-05, 12:31 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,497
It's Saturday, so it was BBQ ribeye night.
tribdog
May15-05, 12:44 AM
P: 693
Half a bag of Chips Ahoy and a glass of milk.

Register to reply