output of best betavoltaics per size?

by jim_990
Tags: betavoltaics, output, size
jim_990
Sep24-05, 11:38 AM
P: 35
does anyone know what power output the best current betavoltaics can produce per size per volume/type/radioactivity of fuel? Are they capable of size for size equaling a normal battery? and if not what fraction of the way there? or are alphavoltaics more promising? I cannot find much of interest on t
his except on these 'crazy' 'antigravity' web sites, which i dont know whether to believe or not.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Simplicity is key to co-operative robots
Chemical vapor deposition used to grow atomic layer materials on top of each other
Earliest ancestor of land herbivores discovered
Intuitive
Sep24-05, 12:29 PM
P: 271
Quote Quote by jim_990
does anyone know what power output the best current betavoltaics can produce per size per volume/type/radioactivity of fuel? Are they capable of size for size equaling a normal battery? and if not what fraction of the way there? or are alphavoltaics more promising? I cannot find much of interest on t
his except on these 'crazy' 'antigravity' web sites, which i dont know whether to believe or not.
Looks like your researching ways to build an Electrical energy source from a Beta emitter.

I heard that Beta decay emissions can be accelerated by inducing a current into it, I don't know how true it is though.

another potential maybe be to look into a Beta emitting Dielectric material and build a Beta emitting Capacitor. The Dielectric could be a b- or an b-b-
and the charge plates could capture the emissions.

Can't wait for High K Dielectrics in a spray can. Hehe.

Register to reply