CDnow & Amazon: Have You Used Club Price?

• Thread starter mattmns
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed the potential benefits of taking advantage of the "club price" at Amazon for CDs, and whether or not people still pirate music. Some participants have used CDnow, BarnesandNoble.com, and specialty houses for purchasing music. The issue of copyright infringement was also mentioned, with one person not being too concerned about it. A suggestion was made for a European music selection website, www.groove.nl, that offers items not available in the US.
mattmns
I just recently started noticing the "club price" at amazon.com for cds and it seems like it could save quite a bit of money, but I am wondering if this is something that should be taken advantage of. So, have any of you used, or heard about, CDnow through Amazon? Or does everyone still pirate their music :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
I bought from CDnow before Amazon bought them out. I have purchased from CDnow and BarnesandNoble.com.

I also buy from specialty houses and producers directly depending on the artist.

I did download quite a few MP3's way back in the beginning of file sharing. But then, I mostly had vinyl LP's and went ahead a bought the CD's, most of which I had already on vinyl. So I have two copies of many songs.

So I am not too worried about copyright infringement.

For a much bigger European selection - www.groove.nl - they have stuff unavailable in the US.

Thanks, I think I will try them out tonight or sometime this weekend.

1. What is CDnow and Amazon Club Price?

CDnow and Amazon Club Price are loyalty programs offered by the online retailers CDnow and Amazon. They offer members discounts and other benefits for a yearly subscription fee.

2. How do I become a member of CDnow and Amazon Club Price?

To become a member, you can sign up on the CDnow or Amazon website and pay the yearly subscription fee. You will then have access to the benefits of the loyalty program.

3. What are the benefits of CDnow and Amazon Club Price?

The benefits of the loyalty program include discounts on purchases, free shipping, early access to sales, and exclusive deals and promotions.

4. Can I use CDnow and Amazon Club Price on all purchases?

Yes, you can use the loyalty program on all eligible purchases on the CDnow and Amazon websites. Some restrictions may apply, so it's best to check the terms and conditions before making a purchase.

5. Is CDnow and Amazon Club Price worth the subscription fee?

It depends on your shopping habits and how often you plan to use the loyalty program. If you frequently make purchases on CDnow or Amazon, the benefits and discounts may outweigh the cost of the subscription fee. It's best to evaluate your spending and determine if the program will save you money in the long run.