Questions for George W. Bush

by Skyhunter
Tags: bush, george
Share this thread:
Skyhunter
Nov3-05, 08:47 PM
P: 1,409
I saw this on Salon.com.

The president hasn't scheduled his next press conference just yet, but Washington Post White House correspondent Peter Baker has already set forth, in writing, some of the questions he'd like to ask when he does. Dan Froomkin called them to our attention, and -- just in case the president is reading -- we're reprinting them here:

1. Did Karl Rove tell you the truth about the CIA leak, and did you tell the American people the truth?

2. A variant: What did you know and when did you know it?

3. You promised in your first campaign to clean up Washington. "In my administration," you told voters in Pittsburgh in October 2000, "we will ask not only what is legal but what is right, not what the lawyers allow but what the public deserves." Do you think your White House has lived up to that standard in this episode?

4. You promised to fire anyone involved in the leak, and your spokesman said anyone involved would no longer work in the administration. Last week's indictment makes clear that "Official A," identified as Karl Rove, was involved. Are you going to fire Karl Rove?

5. Even giving Scooter Libby the benefit of the doubt legally, do you approve of the conduct that has now been documented?
6. Why were Dick Cheney, then CIA director George Tenant, Karl Rove, and Scooter Libby discussing Joe Wilson's wife to begin?

Any one else have a question?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
SOS2008
Nov3-05, 10:21 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,554
Mr. President, with the record spending of the transportation and energy bills behind you, what do you hope to accomplish in your second term? Privatization of Social Security? Further tax breaks for the wealthy? Tort reform? Sounds pretty dismal--why not just resign now?

Then the rest of us can get to work on the environment, healthcare, balancing the budget, and of course withdrawing from Iraq--all the things that really matter to Americans.
Mercator
Nov5-05, 08:20 AM
P: 8
George, this masquerade has been going on too long. You had your fun, now let Al take his job OK?

Anttech
Nov5-05, 11:18 AM
P: 1,401
Questions for George W. Bush

Have you ever thought about doing some basic communication classes?
Mercator
Nov5-05, 10:13 PM
You talking to me?
Smurf
Nov5-05, 10:24 PM
P: 2,891
you democrats ask the silliest questions.
deckart
Nov6-05, 01:11 AM
P: 193
Mr. President, much of the nation is suffering from an annoying mental disorder called Liberalism that causes these poor fellows to whine and complain incessantly. It has even been found to invoke paranoia and conspiracy theories. Why hasn't your administration addressed these bleeding hearts and provided adequate supplies of tissue, warm milk, and medications to comfort them? America demands and answer!
vanesch
Nov6-05, 04:04 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 6,236
Shall I venture myself in these slippery alleys ?
Question for G.W.:
"Where are the toilets ?"
Polly
Nov6-05, 07:58 AM
P: 342

Watch me.

"Tsk, tsk, banana?"

Mercator
Nov6-05, 08:12 AM
Quote Quote by Polly

Watch me.
"Tsk, tsk, banana?"
Ni xiang shei aaaa?
Polly
Nov6-05, 08:14 AM
Ehhhh?
Mercator
Nov6-05, 08:43 AM
Quote Quote by Polly
Ehhhh?
Ni bu shi shuo : hao xiang ni?
SOS2008
Nov6-05, 09:27 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,554

Mr. President, how does it feel having to answer for all the suffering you have caused fellow Americans and peoples throughout the world? Now, in regard to emergency preparedness, are there adequate supplies of tissue and warm milk for the right-wing radicals when they realize their butts were kicked by passive bleeding heart liberals?
Polly
Nov6-05, 11:07 PM
Quote Quote by Mercator
Ni bu shi shuo : hao xiang ni?
Ah, that. The "Great Fragrance Mile", that's where I am. Pinyin can be tricky without the tone signs.
Mercator
Nov7-05, 05:34 AM
Quote Quote by Polly
Ah, that. The "Great Fragrance Mile", that's where I am. Pinyin can be tricky without the tone signs.
Hahaha! I thought it was a secret message to someone. Certainly not to Bush I presume?
Polly
Nov7-05, 06:51 AM
Someday I am going to kill you.

after I have applied "enhanced interrogation technique".
Mercator
Nov7-05, 07:15 AM
Quote Quote by Polly
Someday I am going to kill you.
after I have applied "enhanced interrogation technique".
Wo hai pa!
edward
Nov7-05, 05:29 PM
PF Gold
P: 876
Quote Quote by deckart
Mr. President, much of the nation is suffering from an annoying mental disorder called Liberalism that causes these poor fellows to whine and complain incessantly. It has even been found to invoke paranoia and conspiracy theories. Why hasn't your administration addressed these bleeding hearts and provided adequate supplies of tissue, warm milk, and medications to comfort them? America demands and answer!
Standing in to answer this question for president Bush is, Lothar, intrim secretary of disinformation and onetime bathroom attendant for KaRl RoVe.

Dear deckart: "It is my great privilege to be able to answer your question on behalf of the President."

The paronoia and conspiracy therories are a definite result of the meandering and changing reasons that President Bush has given for invading and remaining in Iraq. This was to be expected, in light of the fact that no WMD were found. Dam er excuse me I just bit off the end of my tongue trying to say that.

Adequate supplies of tissue must be an entirely free market venture. We have not include tissue of any kind in the White house budget for the last five years. I would suggest that you buy stock in the paper industry because according to your information, 49% of the American people actually feel the need to wipe away nasty things.

As for the warm milk, the administration has increased subsidies to the dairy lobby. Darn they are just plain mean folks. The last time we refused the dairy lobby, they sent us a garbage can full of rotten limburger cheese. Not wanting to waste it we sent it to the school lunch program.

The medication you request again must depend on the free market and of course the pharmaceutical industry. They have been overwhelmed with requests for sedatives ever since the president nominated Harriet Miers for the supreme court. It is my understanding that drug prices have tripled since Bill Frists, Hospital Corporation of America started to price gouge medicare.

Yours truly:
Lothar, chief torture investigator for Good Housekeeping magazine, former bathroom attendant to KaRl RoVe, and curently spokesperson for unintelligible answers given by GW Bush. Goodnight and Good luck.

Register to reply