Register to reply

A PaWa event

by Nicool003
Tags: event, pawa
Share this thread:
Nicool003
Apr9-03, 02:25 PM
P: n/a
Hey everyone last night I got an idea that I think some people in the politics and world affairs subforum might enjoy. What if we had something similar to a court trial about a world event (most likely the war in Iraq)? We could have 9 judges (or maybe greg and the mentors *shrug*) and a few representing each side of the trial/ debate.

Just thought I'd mention it, sounds good to me.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
Nicool003
Apr9-03, 08:28 PM
Is it that bad?
Greg Bernhardt
Apr13-03, 12:56 PM
Admin
P: 9,575
No nicool, it is a good idea, but maybe right now isn't the best time for it. Students are starting finals, the war is still on and people are still warming up to the new forums. However it is something to think about for summer.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Sting
Apr13-03, 01:52 PM
P: 228
A PaWa event

My $0.02:

Maybe not really a good idea. This war issue is a very touchy subject (and if you don't believe me, just go the actual forums). Knowing the way how the forums work, the intended reason (a reasonable debate) will end up turning into a war where people bash the other's political affiliation and political beliefs.
FZ+
Apr13-03, 08:31 PM
P: 1,954
Maybe the judges can then file for contempt and kick them out of court? But given the majority of the mentors seem biased (to some degree) towards anti-war, it's probably not that good an idea...
Nicool003
Apr14-03, 06:36 PM
O.K guys thanks. And quite true FZ...

Register to reply